U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2020, 04:56 PM

1,214 posts, read 2,653,805 times

Advertisements

What are some ingenious ways to market a FSBO house? For example, if the house is near a lake, would posting the FSBO house on a boating related website be effective?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2020, 05:05 PM

676 posts, read 1,000,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happs View Post
What are some ingenious ways to market a FSBO house? For example, if the house is near a lake, would posting the FSBO house on a boating related website be effective?
You could try. The biggest problem I’ve run into is that the realtors are a racket and they won’t bring their clients to your house. You might have better luck now as buyers are more likely to be looking at listings themselves rather than relying on realtor recommendations, since everything is virtual now. Good luck!

Old 06-07-2020, 05:30 PM

144 posts, read 45,767 times

Old 06-07-2020, 05:34 PM

Lol! My husband loves those things. You'd get his attention.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:59 AM

9,685 posts, read 19,053,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
You could try. The biggest problem I’ve run into is that the realtors are a racket and they won’t bring their clients to your house. You might have better luck now as buyers are more likely to be looking at listings themselves rather than relying on realtor recommendations, since everything is virtual now. Good luck!
Sure we will. I showed a FSBO Friday. The bigger issue is actually finding the property for sale and knowing it's a fit for our buyer. Usually I don't know about your fsbo. If you do a limited service listing/entry only, it's at least easy to find.

Old 06-08-2020, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Sure we will. I showed a FSBO Friday. The bigger issue is actually finding the property for sale and knowing it's a fit for our buyer. Usually I don't know about your fsbo. If you do a limited service listing/entry only, it's at least easy to find.
I applaud that you will take your clients to FSBO. Around me they won’t.

Old 06-08-2020, 12:51 PM

31,168 posts, read 68,022,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happs View Post
What are some ingenious ways to market a FSBO house?
Have professional condition inspections, market comps and an appraisal done.
Have financing lined up for the marginally qualified buyers too.

Old 06-08-2020, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
I applaud that you will take your clients to FSBO. Around me they won’t.
It's not hard (usually) and FSBO's aren't bad people. They are just trying to save a buck. As long as they are willing to pay a co-broke for a buyer, all I have to do is get a compensation agreement and then I can show. I'm sure most agents in your area will as long as they have a buyer client and know how they'll get paid in the deal. Comments like this are so 1990's. Different times my friend. That being said, an entry only listing is still the best way to get noticed by the agent community.

Old 06-08-2020, 12:57 PM

10,638 posts, read 20,353,509 times
We did a FSBO on Zillow last year and had realtor's agents showing up after we put 'consideration to Realtors' in the ad. They made the sale much more difficult and costly what with their paperwork, inspections, yada yada yada. They also get egos involved with the whole thing. We went under contract with one client who had a Realtor and there were about twelve changes to the contract and each time they tried to change things that had already been worked out. Seems unethical to me, but we read the contract each time and had them change it back to the way it had been worked out before. After about six weeks of this nonsense, we gave their client an option to get out of it and they vanished *poof*. Maybe their client had changed their mind early on and they were just making all the changes so we'd want them to go away?

We already had a back up cash offer with no Realtors involved and it was sold within days after we got out of the contract with the previous prospective buyer that had that agent. The back up offer came from a Craig's List ad, that may work in your area?

FSBO without Realtors involved is a lot easier, IMHO. We did have an attorney write up the paperwork and the escrow company handled the money. It was also a 1031, so there was the 1031 company, too, but they were kinda lumped in with the escrow folks so we never actually met them.

Old 06-08-2020, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
FSBO without Realtors involved is a lot easier, IMHO. We did have an attorney write up the paperwork and the escrow company handled the money. It was also a 1031, so there was the 1031 company, too, but they were kinda lumped in with the escrow folks so we never actually met them.
Depends on the agent. Good agents facilitate a transaction while repping their clients interests. Plenty of agents create drama though, I think some of "us" do it to make it appear like they are working hard for the client. So agents just aren't very bright, but don't know they aren't bright, so when they get stubborn it can blow a deal up. Sounds like you had the stubborn not so bright agent on yours.

We "good" agents hate working with the idiots/morons/drama creators as well.

Edit: Sometimes an agent gets a difficult client and we are stuck doing the best we can with them. I've had a few difficult clients over the years that I know made me look bad.

Last edited by Brandon Hoffman; 06-08-2020 at 01:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate