Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2020, 12:57 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,190,459 times

Advertisements

so what you're saying is that you expect to generate leads in a different state with a unique website from your own.

What are you going to do to scrub those leads - they're prequalified (or not), how soon and why they're buying, whether they'll allow you to refer them to an agent who they agree to use.

I don't get the feeling any of the people who bombard me with "qualified leads!" in exchange for an at-closing referral fee already are agents in their far-off states, if that helps anecdotally answer your question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2020, 08:14 AM

10,965 posts, read 21,964,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alltradeshosting View Post
And FYI: THe rreason for the question, I have top placement online in our market, I get great lead gen locally for all my agents but locally. I do well with seo and ranking and all that. I just want to share the same but scaled. I was tired of CINC, which was good but we're in a much better position in our market now. I see many agents utilize and eventually waste their money on L2L. But that's all, not trying to start a keyboard argument. I'm lust looking to better use what skillset I have to help other agents with leads, NOT the intention of whoring out the mkt.
If you're so awesome at it locally, why don't you just keep making money hand over fist with your local sales and not worry about trying to sell leads nationally?

The constant telemarketer calls are bad enough, now I'm getting robocalls and sly dials so I don't even get the satisfaction of saying no and hanging up while they are still trying to give me a pushy sales pitch. The only thing I'm interested in is a warm handoff with a broker to broker fee. I don't want some lead you generated that you dole out in hopes some of them pan out. Been there done that, and they are low quality with an abysmal closing rate. Zillow and many others already beat you to the punch there. I have no issues with you, but your idea can take a long walk off a short pier as far as I'm concerned.

Old 07-15-2020, 08:17 AM

Quote:
... I'm lust looking to better use what skillset I have to help other agents with leads, NOT the intention of whoring out the mkt.
Yet, that's exactly how it's coming across. I think you have every intention of whoring leads out if you're honest with yourself. Maybe I'm wrong and your intentions are pure, but I'm skeptical.

Old 07-16-2020, 04:46 AM

9 posts, read 1,790 times
Brandon, you are wrong. Again, my intention is not to "sell leads" OMG. You guys forget I'm one of you. My intentions are good and based from experience. I know what doesnt work and I get bombed with the same things as you. I work in SW Florida, Naples and Fort Myers market and being one of the top markets in the nation, we seem to be a magnet for all kinds of crazy things. I've narrowed down a few things now and will work one on one in a few other markets with other brokers that I already know, they know my intentions are and are waiting on me now. Everything I do is branded to each agent's brokerage at no cost. Again, I've never from the start had any plans to sell leads as part of any business model.

Old 07-16-2020, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Brandon, you are wrong. Again, my intention is not to "sell leads" OMG. You guys forget I'm one of you. My intentions are good and based from experience. I know what doesnt work and I get bombed with the same things as you. I work in SW Florida, Naples and Fort Myers market and being one of the top markets in the nation, we seem to be a magnet for all kinds of crazy things. I've narrowed down a few things now and will work one on one in a few other markets with other brokers that I already know, they know my intentions are and are waiting on me now. Everything I do is branded to each agent's brokerage at no cost. Again, I've never from the start had any plans to sell leads as part of any business model.
Homie, you are selling leads. You are finding strangers via internet marketing and selling them to agents in the markets they are trying to buy or a sell a home in. You are selling them for a referral fee to be paid.

Old 07-16-2020, 12:25 PM

Homie - Exactly.
Who considers it selling leads when an NAR referral agreement is in place for each buyer/seller referral ?
I have received them in the past via email and ran them. I appreciate your position but why throwing shade on this ??
I'm the only one who has anything to lose..

Old 07-16-2020, 02:28 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,190,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
so what you're saying is that you expect to generate leads in a different state with a unique website from your own.

What are you going to do to scrub those leads - they're prequalified (or not), how soon and why they're buying, whether they'll allow you to refer them to an agent who they agree to use.

I don't get the feeling any of the people who bombard me with "qualified leads!" in exchange for an at-closing referral fee already are agents in their far-off states, if that helps anecdotally answer your question.
how would you answer these questions?

Old 07-16-2020, 04:52 PM

Bo: All the replies have helped which is why I posted in the first place. All the comments are nothing new to me. I've given the same elsewhere, hanging up on lead sellers, etc. and now taking a mild beatdown thinking I'm doing the same, which I'm not. But as long as I can better things thru feedback, I'll take it and make a better product.
I'll share here, there's plenty of work for all of us if anyone wants to try and clone.
I been doing this too for years. Still working on details but:
1) We'll work with selected agents that want to work with us and in selected markets.
2) One domain will stick, the ssl subdomains are all different and drill down to a city, agent farm area, community or a county.
3) The site is branded to the agent's brokerage following NAR/your state laws/ethics.
4) The site is small, no search feature, don't kid yourself, buyers have already visited Zillow.
5) None of the "you have to register bs to see a listing online", cuts down on fake spam responces, virtually eliminated. I seen TONS of that in CINC (some entertaining).
6) Buyer/Seller urgency is understood. I'll not share the two domains here.
7) A very focused AI Chatbox.
8) Realtime contact.
9) Organic SEO and linked to the many sister sites.
10) Video YouTube to rank the agent's subdomain area served.
11) Zero investment to agents, I'll be the one who rolls the dice.
12) If any of you have any positive suggestions, please share. I'll be the first to 100% comp a couple sites, no referral fees involved just to get a few sites out there and maybe a referral if it works out for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate