Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 07:31 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,261,841 times

Advertisements

Twinkle...is your folks home in Gilbert,too? Or another city...I can't see that you said. I don't know anything about the market there, is it as bad as Vegas? It's not great here in St. George, but we are better than Vegas anyway..

Its a beautiful house, if we were moving to Phoenix I would definitely come take a look. Lovely..let us know when you get it on the mls and at what price. I my experience, with the market the way it is, if you folks can come out ok on the other end, I would list as low as you can...wish we had done that, but....

Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 10:03 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,972,636 times
They just had a a story on the news how people being foreclosed on in Vegas are destroying their homes before they leave. I'm sure it's happening every place, but this was about Vegas only.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:17 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,514,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Stunning...i wouldn't do a thing....the only issue you MIGHT have, in my opinion, is the pool....a family might not like the pool in a screened room , but maybe if it bothers them the room can be rid of...and i could be wrong, just thinking about when my kids were teens and we bought a house with a pool, they would have destroyed a room....but other than that it is beautiful. Just price it right. Good luck!

Dogmom
A Lani is very common in FL,AZ and all the warmer climates. It keeps the bugs out, the dirt and leaves out of the pool and the only draw back is the pool is not as warm as it would be without the lani. The lani is a selling feature of any home with pool in the south. That is one thing I miss my lani.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:17 AM

180 posts, read 655,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle View Post
Yeah, if only they would have listened to me on that one. Those were my exact words. I'm sure if they find a buyer it will be requested so they'll end up having to do it in the end.

Anyway, again, thanks everyone. And good luck to all of you out there trying to sell right now!
Fix that door.
It is right out front for people to see and IT WILL turn people off. We have house down the street from us that is across from the park. We know the floorplan and (actually have that floorplan) and know proces in our area. The house was being offered cheap, but not sold. A few of us commened on the poor repaint on the lower part of the garage door and wondered if that was beat the rest of house could be trashed too. That NOT something you want to put in a potential buyer's mind. I makes them think what else are they hiding.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:26 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,972,636 times
I would still like to know how much you are going to list it for???

Old 05-01-2008, 11:43 AM

76 posts, read 185,614 times
Man I wish that home were for sale in ny

Old 05-01-2008, 12:14 PM

54 posts, read 182,524 times
If I was buying in AZ, I'd buy the house! Dented garage and ALL!! Absolutely beautiful!! GOOD LUCK!

Old 05-01-2008, 04:51 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,261,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Dogmom
A Lani is very common in FL,AZ and all the warmer climates. It keeps the bugs out, the dirt and leaves out of the pool and the only draw back is the pool is not as warm as it would be without the lani. The lani is a selling feature of any home with pool in the south. That is one thing I miss my lani.

Yeah, being from CA I have never seen a lanai...I have seen them on tv or print on Florida homes...would be nice wherever their are bugs or leaves..I just had never seen that..

Old 05-03-2008, 12:12 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,514,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Yeah, being from CA I have never seen a lanai...I have seen them on tv or print on Florida homes...would be nice wherever their are bugs or leaves..I just had never seen that..
I know we never saw a lanai in CA either and I really don't know why.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:34 PM

132 posts, read 592,087 times
Beautiful home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate