Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 12:48 PM

414 posts, read 1,257,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keekster View Post
I know, I think that's our biggest fear. That he thinks we still owe him money or something after we've closed. That's why we want to see if he files lawsuits all the times -- sues everybody for everything. At least he doesn't live there so we wouldn't have to kick him or anyone else out. We hope he's just desperate to sell and that's why he tried to get rid of the tenant. Thank you for your feedback. It sounds crazy, but you never know, right?
Well here's wishing you the best of luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 01:03 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,634,479 times
Offer him $10, a bag of skittles and your old GI Joes.

If he accepts your offer you will know what his mental state is.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:33 PM

414 posts, read 1,257,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post

Mike!!! LMAO!!!!!!

Old 05-01-2008, 02:42 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,861,660 times
Quote:

ROTFL!!!! Good one. LOVE IT! Throw in an etch-a-sketch and a box of toothpicks and some crayons. Maybe all of that stuff will keep him preoccupied to bother or even think to come sue you.

I'd also check the property for any leins. Make sure nothing has been filed on it for back taxes or work not paid for. Sure this will be done in the title search but it would be nice to know upfront. I'd also want to find out if possible if he has a power of attorney and a family member KNOWS he is a bit unstable and has gotten one on him. He might not have the right to sell it in the first place. Who knows.

Speaking of "coming back". When we bought our house 6 years ago from another family I though all was well. I'm anal about changing the locks but for some reason had not gotten around to it. After being in the house for 2 weeks in the middle of the night the security alarm went off. We found the back door open and called the police. They searched the house and nothing. I was the last one to check all the doors and even at two weeks here still had my normal routine before bed to check doors and on the kids. I VIVIDLY remembered locking the door. Well, about a year later we found out from the neighbors they had an older son that was always into trouble that only showed up when he needed some money or bailed out. We now believe he was not around when they sold and moved and no way to contact him. He needed some where to crash and decided to come back to his parents house. They must not have set the alarm and we did and scared him off. GREAT! Locks got changed the very next day.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:44 PM

15,572 posts, read 40,413,812 times
Quote:

Mike, you are too funny...but it does bring up the question of mental competence.

I had a situation with two investors a couple of years ago where one investor ended up in the state mental hospital. Before he went in, he signed his half on the house to his partner. His partner listed with me like a year later. Investor gets out of mental hospital and breaks into the house. Anyway, many phone calls with the police later and some serious drama, I was glad to get it sold...

So there is crazy, meaning eccentric or odd, and there is crazy as in mentally incompetent in which case they can't sign those docs legally. Make sure you know which you are dealing with here.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:58 PM

17 posts, read 79,831 times
Don't think he's mentally incompetent but who knows. He's very irrational and sounds like a jerk from everything weve heard. Decided not to try. Not worth the headache, heartache or bag of skittles. Thankyou everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate