Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2020, 09:37 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
How much is your time worth? Order these from Amazon for $50 bucks and move on in my opinion. In my market, those wouldn't be considered permanent fixtures. Hardly worth going to court over.
This^^^^^
Get all door locks rekeyed. Should do than anytime you buy a home, right away. And recode digital key entry. Take vover off and instructions are usually inside, or google brand of keypad entry for directions on how to do it.
Manuals are online.

Yes, they should have left the shelves, but it isnt worth 50.00 to file a 45.00 civil court claim, and go to court to be ahead 5.00.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2020, 09:39 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeinindy View Post
Its not just ordering them, I will have to call somebody to install them as well and no body charges less than couple of hundreds to do this kind of work.
They screw in. You already have holes for brackets, so just hammer in an anchor and screw bracket on. It takes 5 minutes.

Old 09-27-2020, 01:37 AM

9,891 posts, read 11,766,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Decorative shelves are decorations, not fixtures.
If they were firmly attached they are fixtures.

Old 09-27-2020, 01:39 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
The shelves, lol, why would anyone care.

Manuals are found online.

You should rekey the house anyway, so who care if they or you have the key, this should be the first thing you do regardless.

Old 09-27-2020, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
In our market if it is attached to the wall it is a fixture.
Almost every shelf and dresser is attached to my wall, to prevent them from tipping over, are they suppose to go with the house? I have two TV's attached to the wall, are the suppose to go with the house? What about my paintings and pictures, all attached to the wall?

Old 09-27-2020, 01:48 AM

Quote:
I am wondering if I can file a claim in the Indianapolis small claims court. I dont believe I need a lawyer for that. Please find attached the picture of the permanent fixtures the seller removed before moving out and left half filled painted holes in the wall. They removed 6 rods and shelves attached to those rods. These are clearly permanent fixtures that the seller agent is claiming as "decorative". I was being nice to them through out negotiations but it seems like the seller agent doesn't want to settle this amicably. Please let me know if this is not considered a permanent fixture.

This is what I have in my Indiana purchase agreement - buyer agrees to buy the property together with any existing permanent improvements and fixtures attached (unless leased or excluded), including, but not limited to, electrical and/or gas fixtures, heating and central air-conditioning equipment and all attachments thereto, built-in kitchen equipment, sump pumps, water softener, water purifier, fireplace inserts, gas logs and grates, central vacuum equipment, window shades/blinds, curtain rods, drapery poles and fixtures, ceiling fans and light fixtures, towel racks and bars, storm doors, windows, awnings, TV antennas, wall mounts, satellite dishes, storage barns, all landscaping, mailbox, garage door opener(s)
You seriously even care about this?

Wow, lol

Quote:
Its not just ordering them, I will have to call somebody to install them as well and no body charges less than couple of hundreds to do this kind of work.
Is there some reason you cannot install them? And there is no way on Earth those cheap ass $20 are going to cost a couple of hundred dollars to install, lol.

This whole thing is melodrama all the way.

Old 09-27-2020, 02:10 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSusana View Post
Install them yourself. Didn't you say the screw holes are already there?

Actually, I would buy a bathroom wall cabinet to put there. I would rather have something functional.
Or a freestanding shelf unit.

https://www.wayfair.com/storage-orga...000806322.html

https://www.wayfair.com/storage-orga...#hotthmjvxdw-9

Old 09-27-2020, 06:53 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times
Quote:
You don't own a screwdriver?

Old 09-27-2020, 06:55 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
If they were firmly attached they are fixtures.
Depends on the state. If you read the description of the state I'm in, it would be chattel.

Old 09-27-2020, 06:56 AM

6,817 posts, read 11,545,464 times
Quote:
Honey, if you have to hire a handyman to install shelves like those, you aren’t ready to be a homeowner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate