Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 09:05 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times

Advertisements

Well, the guy who bought my house is mixed up in something shady, so I hear, so in that respect we're not similar, but ... He was single, just like me. I bought the house -- a three-bedroom, 1.5 story Cape Cod -- from an estate; the couple had lived in the house for more than 50 years and raised three kids there.

I bought my current house from a single guy. Most of the people in my neighborhood are couples -- young and/or empty nesters -- or single.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 09:13 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
We just moved to NC and what drew us there is the beauty of the state. After living in flat fl for 3 years and coming from CA we missed the mountains. We now live near the Blue Ridge Mts.
Most people who move from the west coast can find a home at a great price and still have the beauty of the mountains.

I misread the question. Our homebuyer was nothing like us. She is single plus she loves the house and I never did. She also has a teenage daughter and ours is a mom to 3 and 42. She also never said anything about our outdated kitchen and that is what I mentioned first. We both agreed that the lot was beautiful as well as the screened in pool area and the the consevation area behind us was a plus. We lived in a neighborhood but in the backyard at night all you heard was the crickets and a bug I have no idea how to spell . I think it begins with cica and can't forget the birds in the morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate