Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 02:41 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,766,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
No doubt, but cell phone photos are quite adequate for showing what the interior of a house looks like.
Not really. Cell phone photos are O.K. for amateur memories, but no good for professional use such as real estate. I did my own photo work, but it was with a professional level camera on a tripod, I knew how to use.

I do know the difference as I spent from 1972 until I finally retired as a very successful investment real estate broker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2020, 12:32 AM

18 posts, read 15,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I don't base my interest in a house on the artistry of the photos; if it looks like a layout that will work for me, I go see it in person. If it's a long-distance thing, I'd ask the realtor to do a video walkthrough. So the pics aren't all that important...

But maybe I'm unusual.
We had a realtor from out of state come to the open house and do a video walk through on behalf of his clients he felt that this house would be exactly what they are looking for. They have made an appointment to view also another out of state prospective buyer fell in love with the house from the online photos. They have an appointment and are prepared to make an offer if it lives up to the photos. We have two more viewings booked as a result of the open house. Our realtor has advised us all along to sit tight and be patient and that this house is a one of a kind house and that would limit the buying pool. We waited to list it because all of our friends were telling us that it would sell really fast and we were afraid it would sell before we were ready so then when it didn’t sell immediately we began to wonder why. Not sure what suddenly made so many people notice it, we did drop $1,000 in order to move it up and make it visible for the open house that could be why or whether it was the open house itself which enabled people to view without being prequalified. Whatever we are pleased that is happening. An interior designer came to look because she saw the photos online and is interested in buying some of the furnishings etc when we are ready. My husband is an engineer who switched to sales he has added a lot of features and everything he has done to this house is quality work that is built to last. I am an artist and I have sold a lot of my work due to people visiting the house to purchase household items we had for sale. The interior designer who visited bought five of my paintings. All in all this has been a positive experience we have met some people we would not have met otherwise if they had not come to browse our sales. We like meeting new people it is our favorite pastime and some have followed up with kind texts and photos of our things and my paintings in their homes. My original question was should we push the multi generational theme or just sit tight and be patient. The answer I have discovered was to clear out the basement in order to suggest other uses for the layout and yes to sit tight and be patient. None of the four new prospective buyers are looking for a multi generational home but it didn’t hurt to clear that space. To me this house can easily be a blank canvas to be changed to suit personal tastes but not everyone is able to picture that while there is too much other furniture etc in sight. I have to say also for the most part the impulse to post on this forum has been positive I have enjoyed the viewpoints expressed. There have been some negatives that were not in any way constructive criticism but that was to be expected not everyone has the same perspective about things. I have to clarify I have no complaints about the original photos they were very good in my opinion. What I said was that the simple act of removing the tv from the master bedroom a suggestion from someone on this forum and selling the extra large furniture that we had in one of the bedrooms made people realize the bedrooms are larger than they appear on the photos. Also another simple thing I got from someone’s suggestion, we rearranged the living room furniture to form a conversation setting and that made a lot bigger difference than I would have thought to the look and feel of the room. This may be my last post as people can check online if one of the prospective buyers actually purchases it but if I have anything positive to add I will post again. Happy scrolling.

Old 11-12-2020, 09:33 AM

862 posts, read 439,694 times
I don’t know if the listing posted here was your house or not (one with the poker room). But if it was I think the house was wonderful. Sure there is some updating needed but that is so petty. I didn’t find a single thing about your house that was any kind of turn off. What you are facing is the fact that very few people seem to have any vision. That’s what you are up against.

Old 11-15-2020, 12:51 PM

Default House slow to sell

Our house sold. We are happy.

Old 11-15-2020, 05:37 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,128,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyke46 View Post

Super fantastic for you. Congratulations!

Old 11-15-2020, 05:40 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,964,704 times
Quote:
Was it to someone on this thread?

Old 11-15-2020, 07:09 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,823,179 times
Quote:
I think you mean: is under contract.

Old 11-16-2020, 09:22 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,964,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
I think you mean: is under contract.
Exactly. In real estate, it ain't over till it's over.

Old 11-17-2020, 09:34 AM

1,939 posts, read 2,163,191 times
Hoping your contract goes through smoothly, OP. Congratulations!

Old 11-19-2020, 07:20 AM

Thank you we are doing everything we can on our part to ensure that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate