Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 09:35 AM

11 posts, read 6,084 times

Advertisements

Ok, this is totally hypothetical. Because this is a crazy sellers market, and only because it is beyond anything we've ever seen. Uncle has a owned townhouse. Later when he can't manage stairs he wants to move to his last home. Uncle is frugal with a bank account to match.

When discussing selling and moving to a garden home/patio home/duplex situation, he firstly complains about the price of selling. If he has a realtor that's is willing to compromise in commission (buy/sell same agent), he is still unhappy. So, has anyone ever asked buyers to pay their own agent-or even the entire sellers portion on closing costs?

The townhome is pretty much done-only thing left is fireplace (Las Vegas), sewer (never had a problem and never inspected) and windows. He just put in new HVAC and water heater last year, and all new appliances the year before, plus a couple of noticeable upgrades on the exterior (solar screens and new iron gate). Bought it with newer kitchen upgrades, and 2 newer baths, laminate and tile downstairs. But it's still a townhome and he is bumping into highest priced comps almost equal finishes with his, so I'm not sure price is going to much go over comps now. Thus, my question. Give me some ideas to float past him and realtor lady, pretty please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2020, 03:08 PM

10,940 posts, read 21,916,982 times
Tell your uncle to sell by owner or pay for a professional.

Old 10-22-2020, 03:58 PM

And if I can't head him off at the pass, he just might FSBO. I'm trying to throw ideas at him so that he will use a realtor that I have already vetted or another. Just saying that he is cheap doesn't give me proper arguments to finish this dumb as heck discussion. Thanks for responding, keep the great ideas coming!

Old 10-22-2020, 04:24 PM

22,654 posts, read 36,662,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolgoddess67 View Post
Thus, my question. Give me some ideas to float past him and realtor lady, pretty please.

What realtor lady?

Old 10-22-2020, 04:25 PM

So for a good visual, I'm Laverne trying to talk some sense into Lenny and Squiggy, help me out Shirley!

Old 10-22-2020, 04:29 PM

Already in talks with a realtor lady, and called off the search once after an offer because of Covid. Not sure exactly what he signed (cause I'm a girl) but he keeps witchin. I've already did shock and awe sentence "You are seriously going to be risking close to A MILLION DOLLARS over this?" Now that, I thought just would do it, but no.

Old 10-22-2020, 04:46 PM

581 posts, read 1,300,287 times
He can't climb stairs and is trying to save money?
Tell him that once he dies, all his money will be spent on drugs and sports cars.
Then hire a good realtor at full price

Old 10-22-2020, 04:55 PM

23,084 posts, read 18,482,017 times
Quote:
And if I can't head him off at the pass, he just might FSBO. I'm trying to throw ideas at him so that he will use a realtor that I have already vetted or another. Just saying that he is cheap doesn't give me proper arguments to finish this dumb as heck discussion. Thanks for responding, keep the great ideas coming!
Gotta ask. Why is this your problem? Maybe find some articles about the pros and cons of FSBO versus using an agent and let him evaluate on his own. If he can't be satisfied now you probably won't convince him otherwise until he comes to the realization that he would be better off with an agent on his own. When he does, have the business card handy.

Old 10-22-2020, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Gotta ask. Why is this your problem? Maybe find some articles about the pros and cons of FSBO versus using an agent and let him evaluate on his own. If he can't be satisfied now you probably won't convince him otherwise until he comes to the realization that he would be better off with an agent on his own. When he does, have the business card handy.
Households come in all shapes and sizes. I am considered the Siri of the family, and as such I need to have a complete answer ready to go. He goes back and forth from month to month. I've already FSBO'd for valid reasons and will never personally do that again-so yes I have the rebuttal for FSBO, I am trying to get my answer so I can deliver my "power point" to the owner and my husband (Mr. I agree with Uncle).

I am starting my yes realtor list with CMA's, frequency of sales, realtor team - experts in every aspect ready to go, what else am I missing?

Old 10-22-2020, 07:06 PM

857 posts, read 1,329,412 times
Quote:
Households come in all shapes and sizes. I am considered the Siri of the family, and as such I need to have a complete answer ready to go. He goes back and forth from month to month. I've already FSBO'd for valid reasons and will never personally do that again-so yes I have the rebuttal for FSBO, I am trying to get my answer so I can deliver my "power point" to the owner and my husband (Mr. I agree with Uncle).

I am starting my yes realtor list with CMA's, frequency of sales, realtor team - experts in every aspect ready to go, what else am I missing?
I would just let him do what he wants to do and then if or when it doesn’t sell, he’ll either have to stay where he is or stop being so cheap. If he’s so hard-headed, I’d save my energy and let him learn on his own. No skin off your teeth. You can a horse to water, as the saying goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate