Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Tips to price home correctly to sell, priced within 5-7 percent of active comps, best condition best price, research active listings, visit neighborhood comps in person

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 07:38 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,261,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri257 View Post
Well ... a funny thing happened this week. We already have somebody interested in buying the house. We hired some yard and pool workers to clean up the outside of the property before we move out. Turns out the pool guy is also a contractor that does rental properties and, his wife is a realtor. They want to move out of their current house, convert it to a rental ... and buy a house with a pool that has lots of privacy. Apparently our property fits their needs.

He asked how much we wanted for it. We said we would reduce the price if we didn't have to pay for the realtor and other renovations so, we're negotiating with them now. If all goes well ... I won't even have to put this property on the market and I won't have to bother with fixing it up that much.

So the bottom line does seem to be price. Seems like it's cheap enough ... people will buy. We intentionally moved out to a cheap area during the boom so we wouldn't have to pay too much. Prices doubled within two years after we bought this house but, we never borrowed on it ... and I'm so glad we didn't.

My husband is a veteran and, while we qualify for other financing options, we would like to use our VA loan on this house for the next purchase so ... if we can move this property quickly then, that we will work great for us.
Sheri...my husband is also a veteran..what are the VA interest rates? We don't need to worry about the limit as we plan to put about 70% down, and we are looking at under 300,000 up in Placer County...we used our VA in 1997 when we bought our 2nd home in SoCal, and the interest rates then were 8%...we refi'd a couple years later, but it was a way for us to get into that home at that price with little down...

Need to dig out that DD 214 I guess...are sellers willing to sell VA?

We are ready to drop and go....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2008, 09:40 AM

1,831 posts, read 5,286,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Are sellers willing to sell VA?
In this market? Yeah ... since, generally, they know the financing won't fall through. The only time we had a problem with VA was when a couple of realtors wanted us to get into crappy loans during the boom but, we just used other realtors.

This will be our third time using VA and we've never had any problems really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate