Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 09:58 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ondoner View Post
If you're buying a stucco house, make sure to get a reputable stucco inspector. Personally, I wouldn't touch a stucco house with a 10 feet pole especially in the East coast.
My house is stucco (wood frame underneath), and I have never had any problems with it (after decades of living here). I do live on the west coast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2021, 12:24 PM

10,304 posts, read 6,837,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeanangel View Post
Because had the seller disclosed it at the time of the purchase, I would have had time to join the group claim or at the minimum, hired a stucco inspector to look at the unit / or I could possibly change my mind and not purchase the property. The group claim was against the builder and the previous owner chose not to join the claim.

No, the class action lawsuit was over and the warranty has expired for me to be able to go after the builder.

Are you talking about the home warranty? That does not cover the exterior, only appliances, etc.
Got it. I was under the impression that the drywall was interior. My bad.

Might be hard to prove in a court that the previous owner had knowledge of the defect. He may have declined joining the class action because he may have believed that his (your) house isn't/wasn't effected. (Playing devil's advocate, here.)
Either way, get the house fixed up and live in it. Or, sell it to some other "first timer' and join the same pool as the previous owner...(Only you HAVE to disclose it now, as you've made it public...)

Old 01-06-2021, 02:37 PM

17 posts, read 16,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Got it. I was under the impression that the drywall was interior. My bad.

Might be hard to prove in a court that the previous owner had knowledge of the defect. He may have declined joining the class action because he may have believed that his (your) house isn't/wasn't effected. (Playing devil's advocate, here.)
Either way, get the house fixed up and live in it. Or, sell it to some other "first timer' and join the same pool as the previous owner...(Only you HAVE to disclose it now, as you've made it public...)
because he may have believed that his (your) house isn't/wasn't effected <- after all of the neighbors reached him multiple times about the class action and knowing how bad the stucco problem was on the other neighbor's unit? I doubt that. But he would very likely argue that he had no knowledge of the defect. Who wouldn't?

Not disclosing the class action to the buyer, however, was a completely different issue

I will never hide something like that if I am aware of it or I will do the same as the other owner, fix it before I sell

Old 05-10-2023, 11:25 AM

Wanted to ask if you were a jury what would you decide after hearing all the facts

Old 05-10-2023, 11:48 AM

6,478 posts, read 10,347,099 times
Quote:
Wanted to ask if you were a jury what would you decide after hearing all the facts
Guilty as charged....Hang 'em high.

Old 05-10-2023, 07:02 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
Quote:

Your thread is over 2 years old, have you done anything to the seller of your house or did you blow it off?

Old 05-10-2023, 07:42 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,824,628 times
Quote:
Not sure we've heard ALL the facts, just what you used to kick off this thread over 2 years ago. Somehow it would surprise me if absolutely nothing else came to light between 1/1/2021 and the present day. As for what any jury might decide...anyone's guess.

Old 05-10-2023, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Your thread is over 2 years old, have you done anything to the seller of your house or did you blow it off?
We sued and requested a jury trail

Old 05-11-2023, 12:05 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,125,760 times
Quote:
We sued and requested a jury trail
Quote:
You know there are two parties to every case? You've only presented your side. No one here has heard anything from the defendant. No one on this forum has "all of the facts".

Old 05-12-2023, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
You know there are two parties to every case? You've only presented your side. No one here has heard anything from the defendant. No one on this forum has "all of the facts".
Yeah you're right. I just was frustrated when I asked that question. Please disregard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate