Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 11:23 AM

8,574 posts, read 12,411,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
First of all, using a wholesaler is very foolish. Get an agent, list it on the MLS as "in as-is condition, no entry possible" and you will STILL wind up, even after you pay the agent her percentage, with FAR more money than you will get from the wholesaler.

NEVER use a wholesaler. Their business model is to find people who do not know the worth of their property, get it under contract for WAY under market, then find a buyer who buys it for more, but still under market. The person who loses out is the seller.

I suggest that you contact the wholesaler and rescind your agreements on ALL the properties, immediately. The entire idea of wholesalers is kind of shady, because they are essentially acting as real estate agents, with no license, and no liability.

Second of all, this lease is clearly not enforceable. If you go to court over it, it will surely be invalidated, and you can then have the man evicted. It's going to take time and money.

Isn't there ANY other way that you can think of to solve your problem? By the way, it is very important that you make sure that you have landlord insurance paid up to date on the property. God forbid that the property should become so severely damaged that it is uninhabitable, if you did not have landlord owner insurance paid up on the property and in effect. Alcoholics, especially if they smoke, wind up setting their homes on fire fairly frequently.
If the OP has entered into a binding contract, as she states, she can't simply "rescind' the contract.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2021, 05:47 PM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Where in NC?
You need an attorney to look at the contract(s) you have and to help determine exactly where you are with it, and how onerous the contract may be.

Tangentially,
Seems to me, and I am not an attorney, Ex needs to produce the long term lease he claims he signed.
Agree. I strongly suspect he won't be able to.

Old 01-13-2021, 09:43 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,766,452 times
When are the last two posters going to read where the OP said she has copies of both the receipt and the lease prepayment receipt, and they are her fathers signature. In addition she knows the father really was close to and liked her ex, and feels it is reasonable he would have made such a deal.

Some are saying that the $50 per month was too low to be legally binding. They are not taking into consideration this was a token payment, but the big thing was that the ex was supplying care giving to her father, and this was the big payment.

If you have never been involved, the caregiving he was supplying, was very valuable and is very expensive if he had to pay cash for it. I know as my wife has very advanced dementia, and I am her caregiver. Being a handy man/maintenance man for the properties, as well as being there to help him personally, is worth considerable, and at time they made the agreement it would not be known how long this would go on.

There was a lot more involved than $50 a month. They probably had legal advice, and found $50 per month would make the lease legal and fully binding.

For those that do not understand, full time caregiving costs as a minimum $130,000 per year.

We have a part time housekeeper/caregiver, and it costs me $1,000 per month for 5 days 5 hour days per week.

So the total cost/value of what the father received, was far in excess of $ 50 per month.

Old 01-14-2021, 03:09 AM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
When are the last two posters going to read where the OP said ....
Actually READ a thread before posting?
You expect too much from the CD Faithful....

Old 03-26-2021, 11:32 AM

25 posts, read 17,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
That was my strong suspicion.
Ah, the geniuses have found one another. Real estate is a good occupation to hide in.., almost looks like work.. In america, the two of you will never be lonely.

Old 03-26-2021, 12:27 PM

8,574 posts, read 12,411,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
Ah, the geniuses have found one another. Real estate is a good occupation to hide in.., almost looks like work.. In america, the two of you will never be lonely.
Thank you for your valuable contribution to this thread.

That seems to be par for the course for you. Better luck next time.

Now go read some other old threads so that you can troll some more!

Last edited by jackmichigan; 03-26-2021 at 12:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate