Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 06:06 AM

2,997 posts, read 3,103,233 times

Advertisements

It looks a little small for the price tag and even though it does LOOK expensive, it needs a lot of updating.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2021, 07:28 AM

9,124 posts, read 6,174,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Its a nice home. Welcoming. In some ways 'dated'. It has a more 'massive cottage' than 'estate' presence. Our current economy would definitely play a role in an inability to sell, but overall, its not going to appeal to every buyer in that niche market.

Most Americans simply dont have $ 6 or 7 million to spend on what would probably be a vacation/weekend home for them. Her real estate agents might want to try pitching it to a corporation as an executive meeting/getaway/hunting lodge or something. Put up a large pavilion somewhere close to the pool to shelter company picnics, etc.

Hunting lodge??? Saddle River is a commuter suburb of NYC. Much of the high price is due to the amount of land.

An earlier article indicated a sale for affordable housing.

"Rosie O’Donnell’s Saddle River Home is Planned to be Affordable Units"
"Rosie O’Donnell provided a parting gift to the neighbors of Saddle River by selling her home to a developer, which will then, in turn, convert the property into affordable housing."

https://www.saddlerivernews.com/rosi...ordable-units/

Maybe this deal fell through. I'm sure her neighbors fought the zoning changes.

Old 02-12-2021, 08:06 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Would it be better to have absolutely no furniture in there? Maybe if the size of the house is emphasized?

Yes, I think it WOULD'VE been better to be empty. OR have it professionally staged.

Old 02-12-2021, 12:44 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,449,930 times
Beautiful home!

Price is contingent to the investors bank act.

I can't justify the payout of taxes and upkeep.

Then there is the fact...it's jersey .

I suppose people just aren't ready to sell off there van gogh to pay for this summer home ....

Old 02-12-2021, 02:05 PM

21,928 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teqp View Post
Her net worth is over $100 mil, so while you may think she is a hack people who pay her obviously disagree with you.
Well, a lot of people agree with me based on the reps I am getting for this comment.

Old 02-12-2021, 02:38 PM

19,626 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio July View Post
It looks a little small for the price tag and even though it does LOOK expensive, it needs a lot of updating.......
That is a matter of taste.

Old 02-12-2021, 04:18 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times
I think the house itself looks lovely. But the interior decorating...well...it's underwhelming to me.

Old 02-12-2021, 06:36 PM

1,462 posts, read 972,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Well, a lot of people agree with me based on the reps I am getting for this comment.
Reps don't pay the bills, but I bet the various contracts she has signed over her career have treated her nicely.Enjoy your reps!

Old 02-13-2021, 04:29 AM

4,005 posts, read 2,081,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
That is a matter of taste.
Not really. If you look at comps in the area, she wants 'more' money for it based on land and square footage than other offerings. It may be because of how much she invested in it to put her stamp on it and make it what she wanted it to be. Much like a custom car, its hard to recoup everything you put into something when you sell, especially if the money was spent on things that arent special to a buyer, or that a buyer would want to change.

If its a hot area - which Im not sure it really is, but - perhaps there is something wrong with the property that will cost a lot of time and/or money to fix/correct?

Old 02-13-2021, 11:54 AM

32,643 posts, read 48,028,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Maybe if she wasn't so hated.

What difference does that make? She isn't included in the purchase of the house and won't be sitting in her recliner watching TV in your media room after you buy the house..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate