Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2021, 01:53 PM

6,478 posts, read 10,350,022 times

Advertisements

The OP failed to practice due diligence on their part. It would be like blaming their agent for not turning on utilities prior to close or paying the annual property taxes for the following year. If I was the buyer and concerned that the roof wasn't done as promised, I would have asked prior to closing and not play the blame game after the closing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2021, 12:16 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSkater View Post
OP, I think your agent is partly to blame here. Your agent should have insisted on, first of all, adding in that the repair needed to be done by a "licensed reputable roofing contractor." Also, your agent should have insisted on seeing receipts for the work by the company who did the work, details on what was done, warranty, etc. And all that should have been done before buyer contingencies, if any, were removed. Once contingencies are removed, you are SOL. Sorry, but it's agents like yours that made me want to become a Realtor myself, as too many are in it just to make a buck, rather than look after their clients' best interests.
Did the Op have a buyers agent?

Old 02-21-2021, 09:33 AM

6,362 posts, read 4,187,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ank0910 View Post
Hi,

I recently bought a property and already closed the deal.

During the inspection we found that roof needs to be replaced. We asked seller to give credits before closing for required repairs but seller agreed to do repairs instead of giving credits. As per the contract seller was suppose to do all the repairs mentioned in inspection report and provide proofs.

But now seller is not providing the proofs (What work is done by contractor? Warranty documents etc.). Seller provided only inspection document done by city.

Please suggest what are my options.

Thanks.
Always better for the new buyers to do the repairs since the sellers obviously have no vested interest in the house!

Old 02-21-2021, 11:11 AM

6,478 posts, read 10,350,022 times
I seriously think the OP is long gone and not likely to comment further on this thread.

No point in beating a dead horse. Keep moving folks, nothing new to see here.

Old 02-22-2021, 06:58 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times
This is a sellers market, and if I sold anything it would be "As Is", and if the buyer didn't agree, I'd just wait for one who did.
Credits are normally given in a buyers market, or if the person is in a position they must sell (financial, work relocation, divorce, etc.).

`

Old 02-24-2021, 01:38 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
What part of the country is this where a seller agreed to replace a roof and do all that’s on your wish list??? Most of the country is at a housing shortage, sellers would’ve told you to take it or leave it. No way would I replace a roof for a buyer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate