Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2021, 11:11 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby60611 View Post
The seller’s agent told my agent, before the inspection was even complete, “I hope your client isn’t expecting any credits after the inspection. If he doesn’t plan to pay full price, we’re moving on to another offer.” She didn’t even wait for me to say if I would request a credit. How is that not being bullied and pressured? It’s also not negotiating in good faith, to lead a buyer on through the inspection process only to drop the “as is” label once the process is well underway. I would never enter into an “as is” purchase if that was disclosed up front. If this is the new norm, can’t wait for the litigation that comes out of this.

You're not helping your case and making yourself look more foolish. So you were told they were not open to inspection credits before you even asked? Seems to me the buyer has a reason to be annoyed here. There is no legal presumption that a posted sale price must be negotiable. There will be no litigation from this.

Old 03-10-2021, 11:12 AM

12,840 posts, read 9,567,574 times
I clicked on this topic because I wanted to side with the OP. But I understand where the seller is coming from.

Old 03-10-2021, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
If OP wanted the house, he could have had an HVAC technician take a look and diagnose the issue. Maybe OP lost his house because an orifice needed to be cleaned.

You're talking about the HVAC system, right?

Old 03-10-2021, 11:24 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
I have a 28 y.o. furnace and AC unit split system.
And, a 17 y.o. packaged unit, heat/AC.

The age is easy to see. If someone negotiated a price with me and then tried to pump me for a few bucks because they are "dying" and "on their last legs," despite no operational or age-related malfunctions, and without giving me a report from a licensed HVAC tech, I could easily explain the concept of "Pounding Sand" to them.

Old 03-10-2021, 11:41 AM

Quote:
The seller’s agent told my agent, before the inspection was even complete, “I hope your client isn’t expecting any credits after the inspection. If he doesn’t plan to pay full price, we’re moving on to another offer.” She didn’t even wait for me to say if I would request a credit. How is that not being bullied and pressured? It’s also not negotiating in good faith, to lead a buyer on through the inspection process only to drop the “as is” label once the process is well underway. I would never enter into an “as is” purchase if that was disclosed up front. If this is the new norm, can’t wait for the litigation that comes out of this.
Opposite of bullying. I like the seller agent being up front. They gave you an out. Litigation? What will you sue for? You seem like the most ideal buyer. and yes, a house is a commodity.

Old 03-10-2021, 12:30 PM

Sounds like the seller dodged a bullet.

Old 03-10-2021, 01:56 PM

Quote:
I’ve actually had an epiphany since I began this whole thread. Real estate agents are totally useless. I probably could have negotiated this whole deal better, and with more tact, than my own agent, the other agent, or anyone that’s responded to this all day. What do you need an agent for? To find the place? I found it on Zillow. To submit the offer? It’s a standardized form that has like 10 fields to fill out. To arrange an inspection? I found the inspector myself. To coordinate with attorneys? They are literally on autopilot once the offer is in. Real estate agents serve no purpose accept to muddy things up and line their own pockets. Totally unnecessary expense for both parties.
Love it. Get your arse handed to you the whole thread and then attack the audience. Why don't you do that? Go to the owner directly.

Old 03-10-2021, 02:22 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Love it. Get your arse handed to you the whole thread and then attack the audience. Why don't you do that? Go to the owner directly.
OP did ALL the work, but couldn't close the deal.
Not unusual. Not at all.

Old 03-10-2021, 05:22 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
If you had to pay 9% over asking price then obviously there were multiple offers for the home. The seller chose yours because maybe they thought it would involve the least hassle. As was previously mentioned, sellers are well aware of buyers using inspections to try and gain concessions. In fact, there are inspectors that advertise being able to do just that - find problems so that the buyer can try and finagle concessions. The ONLY way a seller should replace anything is if it literally dies or poses a hazard. Instead of being indignant, think of things from the seller's view who happens to be in a favorable market. I bet that you'd want every last nickel and wouldn't accept any sort of concession. People only make concessions if they absolutely have to. That isn't the case here. Doesn't matter if the home is 650, 250, 150k.

Old 03-10-2021, 05:47 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times
People like the OP often get gobsmacked in hyper-aggressive real estate markets. They allow a business decision to spiral out of control and everything involved in the process becomes a point of contention, if not a personal slight. The entire experience then becomes one of frustration and rage.

This OP is a textbook case of what I wrote above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate