Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2021, 03:02 PM

110 posts, read 75,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Sounds like you should be looking for a house in Florida then.
That’s all you got? Please refer to my previous statement regarding my doubts about the quality of feedback I’m receiving on this forum.

Old 03-15-2021, 03:04 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,076,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby60611 View Post
Well I read the aforementioned FAR contract and interpreted the seller’s legal obligations to make repairs for certain items or provide a credit for 125% of the estimated amount. It’s not an argument. It’s a fact. And it wholly supports my assertion that sellers do have obligations to perform these type of repairs or provide credits in standard real estate transactions, at least in the state of Florida. Which contradicts everyone else’s assertion that I’m smoking crack for thinking this part of the normal process.

The only thing that matters is what is in YOUR contract. Post that if you want to debate something in it.

Old 03-15-2021, 03:04 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,685,656 times
My thought would be, do you want to buy or not.
Slapping conditions on ties him to the propertyafter he is gone.
How is he supposed to control conditions after you have taken custody

Old 03-15-2021, 03:07 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,200,270 times
Quote:
That’s all you got? Please refer to my previous statement regarding my doubts about the quality of feedback I’m receiving on this forum.

That's all I need. You're looking for a contractual obligation on part of seller to make repairs and you found it in Florida. If you're looking to buy in a state without such a requirement you are not entitled to it. I couldn't care less about your doubts.

Old 03-15-2021, 03:18 PM

43,264 posts, read 77,033,287 times
just_because one can download, we shouldn't assume one can interpret.

https://www.floridarealtors.org/tool...m-descriptions

Florida Realtors/Florida Bar Residential Contract and Addenda
Residential Contract for Sale and Purchase (FloridaRealtors/FloridaBar-5x)

This form may be used for residential sale and purchase transactions.

“AS IS” Residential Contract for Sale and Purchase (FloridaRealtors/FloridaBar-ASIS-5x)

This is an “as is” contract form. This form may be used when the seller does not want to be obligated to make repairs and the buyer wants the right to cancel the contract if the buyer is not satisfied with the home inspection.

Comprehensive Rider to the FloridaRealtors/FloridaBar Contract for Sale and Purchase (CR-5x)

This form contains additional clauses that a seller and buyer may want to add to the Residential Contract for Sale and Purchase (FloridaRealtors/FloridaBar-5) or “AS IS” Residential Contract for Sale and Purchase (FloridaRealtors/FloridaBar-ASIS-5).

Last edited by MikeJaquish; 03-15-2021 at 03:40 PM..

Old 03-15-2021, 03:42 PM

Quote:
That's all I need. You're looking for a contractual obligation on part of seller to make repairs and you found it in Florida. If you're looking to buy in a state without such a requirement you are not entitled to it. I couldn't care less about your doubts.
That’s actually not what I’m looking for. I have no interest in buying FL, and never indicated I did. Again, many people have made broad, generalized statements that requesting sellers make repairs or provide credits for such repairs is not part of the standard real estate transaction process. I am providing specific evidence that it is part of the standard process.

Old 03-15-2021, 03:56 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,200,270 times
Quote:
That’s actually not what I’m looking for. I have no interest in buying FL, and never indicated I did. Again, many people have made broad, generalized statements that requesting sellers make repairs or provide credits for such repairs is not part of the standard real estate transaction process. I am providing specific evidence that it is part of the standard process.

No one ever said it wasn't part of the process. They said the seller does not have to participate in the process. And even in Florida, where if they don't want to deal with repairs they can only enter into as-is contracts.

Old 03-15-2021, 04:03 PM

Quote:
No one ever said it wasn't part of the process. They said the seller does not have to participate in the process. And even in Florida, where if they don't want to deal with repairs they can only enter into as-is contracts.
Lol sure. Ok thanks for not reading anything, it’s been enlightening talking to you.

Old 03-15-2021, 04:08 PM

6,814 posts, read 11,529,053 times
Every day I leave thus thread thinking it’s been wrapped up. And I come back the next day and there’s five new pages of comments.

Old 03-15-2021, 04:10 PM

43,264 posts, read 77,033,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
Every day I leave thus thread thinking it’s been wrapped up. And I come back the next day and there’s five new pages of comments.
Adjust your CD settings for 40 posts per page!
Cut down on the number of pages. Save the pixels!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.