Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 04:43 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,209,687 times

Advertisements

In my experience property managers are always reluctant to engage with non-owners or their agents. In some large communities a manager could spend half their time dealing with realtors and lists of questions. What you've encountered is perfectly normal in my market. Doesn't mean it's a bad place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2021, 05:43 AM

23,859 posts, read 33,518,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannierpacker View Post
If someone sent you an email with 7 questions and one was about a mailbox, what would you do? Would you reply to the other 6 and ignore the mailbox question? Is that how you deal with questions that aren't 'worthy' to be answered?

It was important enough for me to ask. Not a deal breaker.

The owner should have been able to answer the mail question. I personally wouldn't know I could leave mail in my box for the mail person to take because I've only ever lived in a house. I thought it was a good question.

I also thought it was a good question about the garages. My guess is dues from everyone gets used to pay it because I've seen similar but with utilities like water. Even though people hardly used any water, they were responsible for an equal share of the water bill.

IMO it was lazy on everyone's part not to answer your questions, even if just to say that's not part of my job so you'd have to ask the owner who would be able to answer it.

You're smart to move on. Let them know it's why you're moving on. Maybe the owner will be more motivated with the next person that shows interest. Stupidity...

Old 03-22-2021, 10:47 AM

14,246 posts, read 14,717,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Honestly, I wouldn’t have answered you. As a property manager I don’t work for potential buyers. I am paid for my duties in the Association. A PM is not going to know how folks get their mail. That’s 100% a question for the home owner. I’ve managed condos and other HOAs. No we did not entertain buyers. We were busy working for our paying clients.
Well said. As far as the two questions the OP asked, our PM would have no idea how to answer. The issues are none of his business as we do not pay him to make them such.

Old 03-22-2021, 06:48 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,380,234 times
I'm surprised your agent isn't doing his job and handling this matter for you. Get him going on it immediately.
No need to explain the whole thing to him. Just order him to do it. It's his job !!!.

Old 03-22-2021, 10:21 PM

6,470 posts, read 10,329,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
No need to explain the whole thing to him. Just order him to do it. It's his job !!!.
Agreed, and if your agent doesn't move on it they won't get their commission if the deal falls apart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate