Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 01:56 PM

15,246 posts, read 12,889,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I mean, if there's one thing that's true in real estate -

unless you're headed to jail, you don't NEED to sell a house you have $2MM+ in.
Now that's funny!

We do have one of those and maybe we don't NEED to sell it but we'd sure like to. Besides, you never know when you'll need bail money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2021, 07:35 PM

452 posts, read 350,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
What do the comps say the home is worth?

I'm dealing with a similar situation currently.

A home we are interested in sold 6 months ago for $2M. The owner did some cosmetic upgrades, and just listed the home for $4M. Comps put the home at $2.2M

Crazy thing is they just might get it due to this insane market.
same situation here.

the comp's put it at (again fake numbers)

4.7M.

But he is down to 5M. (started at 5.9M LOL for a year).

My offer is 4.6M

cosmetic upgrades do not matter. thats now how the market works. everyone but him knows it

it's either tax assessment as a ballpark, comp houses, or rough $/sq feet estimations.

he is starting to understand now which is why my 2nd offer, and his now 4th counter offer are separated by 10%.

I doubt your owner could get $4M. This may be a strong market but buyers aren't idiots. (unless they are celebrities or filthy rich who will take a loss at re-sale).

Old 03-29-2021, 08:28 PM

7,678 posts, read 5,414,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocytoma View Post
im sorry that you have reading comprehension problems. I said the numbers were fake but being used for % comparisons
Then you need to use proportionately correct numbers, even if they are fake.

You wrote "using artificial numbers for discussion sake

he priced it at like 1.5M
we made an offer of 700k
owner made a counter offer of 1M
we stretched ourselves to 900k, and said it was our final offer"

Even if you are using fake numbers, the percentages ought to be correct if you hope to get good replies.

700k is more than 50% off your fake 1.5 number.

In any case, your story doesn't ring true. You are just making up numbers to lead people on a wild-goose chase.

Does the house even exist? Or is it also just fake?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate