Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 07:22 PM

24 posts, read 21,650 times

Advertisements

I am so over this housing market right now.. just lost our 6th house tonight to yet another all cash offer.. We had a really good feeling about this house too.. ugh.. just don't know where to go from here

(Edited because somehow I added so much more to this post but when I hit submit it took almost everything out)

Last edited by Znil28; 03-29-2021 at 07:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2021, 07:38 PM

495 posts, read 370,666 times
It is annoying but what can you do? keep moving forward

Old 03-29-2021, 07:40 PM

7,246 posts, read 7,081,130 times
Sometimes you just have to wait out the rough times.

Hubby and I had been planning on making a big change. Sell. Move. New state. New job. All that. They year? 2008.

It took until 2014 to actually make that change.

Old 03-29-2021, 08:23 PM

347 posts, read 427,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znil28 View Post
I am so over this housing market right now.. just lost our 6th house tonight to yet another all cash offer.. We had a really good feeling about this house too.. ugh.. just don't know where to go from here

(Edited because somehow I added so much more to this post but when I hit submit it took almost everything out)
I’m so sorry. I don’t know what it is like to put in offer after offer on houses, but there have been other things in my life I’ve wanted badly, and that it doesn’t seem to matter what I do or how hard I tried it wasn’t going to work out. But, it did work out, just not in the way I envisioned or on the timeline I necessary hoped for. I know that is cold comfort right now. So I’ll hope that the frustration will be worth it in the end.

Old 03-29-2021, 10:53 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,444,869 times
You cannot win, if you do not play.

Old 03-30-2021, 01:09 AM

Location: Whatcom County, WA/Cherokee County, NC/Pike County, KY
447 posts, read 333,173 times
Homes come and go. If a good one came, another one can come. I learned not to be so eager to own a home. The moratoriums will expire and something will crash hard if you wait long enough. I'm redoing my apartment to make it pleasant for another 2 or 3 years.

Old 03-30-2021, 04:07 AM

2,715 posts, read 2,217,945 times
This is why when we had a chance on a new house that was not listed yet we jumped at it. Most of the houses in the area are doing the bidding options. There are two many people out there that has more money than we do. Each time as we are looking at the house there are cars driving by looking. The houses that we looked at had people waiting in line to see them even with appointments. I am sure the open houses were crazy. If an house did not go pending in one day something was bad wrong with it plus the prices has jumped.

Hopefully you will find something soon.

Old 03-30-2021, 05:23 AM

23,869 posts, read 33,575,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
You cannot win, if you do not play.
Very true words

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzdevil View Post
Homes come and go. If a good one came, another one can come. I learned not to be so eager to own a home. The moratoriums will expire and something will crash hard if you wait long enough. I'm redoing my apartment to make it pleasant for another 2 or 3 years.
More truth. Places will be opening up, prices will be slashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
This is why when we had a chance on a new house that was not listed yet we jumped at it. Most of the houses in the area are doing the bidding options. There are two many people out there that has more money than we do. Each time as we are looking at the house there are cars driving by looking. The houses that we looked at had people waiting in line to see them even with appointments. I am sure the open houses were crazy. If an house did not go pending in one day something was bad wrong with it plus the prices has jumped.

Hopefully you will find something soon.

I think people were just buying from looking at realtor.com to make due until the market quiets down. I would have done the same. A roof in the town you need is better then fighting with the tons of people needing housing. There just isn't enough inventory for the amount of buyers there are.

The OP just needs to grab one house from looking at the listing to tide them over until more inventory comes up and I'm certain it will once COVID stops.

Old 03-30-2021, 06:42 AM

17,318 posts, read 22,065,118 times
Met someone yesterday that paid 3mm for a place that was unsellable in 2018 for 2.2. 800K was a steep increase for the identical house, no updates/changes.

Unless I am walking out of my own closing with a really fat check, I'd have a tough time buying anything in this market! Feels like a lower interest version of 2005.

Old 03-30-2021, 06:59 AM

43,302 posts, read 77,142,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znil28 View Post

I am sorry to hear this, and feel your frustration.
Almost any buyers agent has had to give bad news repeatedly, to multiple clients.
It hurts. It wears us down, too, to break hearts.

I don't have advice for you other than, Good Luck and try to keep your chin up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate