Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2021, 10:15 AM

4,415 posts, read 2,937,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Sure, but you're probably going end up selling your house for way less than what an agent can negotiate.

So, probably not worth doing that since it's all about the money you get to keep in the end.
There are bidding wars right now and you can get an appraisal so your statement is false. Plus he’s saving 6% right off the bat. You must be a real estate agent protecting your business
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2021, 10:23 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
There are bidding wars right now and you can get an appraisal so your statement is false. Plus he’s saving 6% right off the bat. You must be a real estate agent protecting your business
6%?

That's a red herring. 6% is a choice some people make and rationalize.

Old 04-07-2021, 12:56 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,831,231 times
Quote:
Yes, a good real estate agent will do exactly that. In fact, I am working with a couple of agents right now who are negotiating up a house I am selling and negotiating down a house I am buying. You have to remember that there are good, average and bad real estate agents just like in any other profession.

By the way, it is also very important to work with a good lender. They are not all the same by a long shot. There are some lenders who are positively clueless. You can even feel it in the vibe they give off when they talk to you over the phone. However, the good ones can absolutely make your life a whole lot easier.

Plus, I have a day job and don’t have time to be my own agent. If you have the time and knowledge to be your own agent, then more power to you.
So, in your mind, that justifies a blanket claim that the OP will lose money by negotiating his own deal while knowing absolutely nothing of their experience and circumstances? And what is this discussion of lenders? No one asked about that; is it simply a diversion from the topic at hand? Also, no one asked how much time you have which has zero affect on the OP's situation. What is your angle here?

Old 04-07-2021, 01:01 PM

27,547 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
So, in your mind, that justifies a blanket claim that the OP will lose money by negotiating his own deal while knowing absolutely nothing of their experience and circumstances? And what is this discussion of lenders? No one asked about that; is it simply a diversion from the topic at hand? Also, no one asked how much time you have which has zero affect on the OP's situation. What is your angle here?
I think I explained my angle pretty well already.

The OP wrote only a few brief sentences. So, I'm going off of that.

Old 04-07-2021, 11:34 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
Well, at least the OP returned to their own thread on this one...

Old 04-09-2021, 04:29 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times
I think MikePRU's market begins at $600K (and for a crappy, old, cape) and rapidly goes up. At that level, few worry about $15K. At that level $15K can be a simple arithmetic mistake.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...4_M33510-37205

Old 04-10-2021, 07:24 AM

27,547 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
No, I am not a real estate agent. I work in a completely different field. That is why I use a real estate agent to do the work involved with buying and selling a house.

However, people can do whatever they want if they think they have the time and expertise to do so. I still don't recommend diy for most people when it comes to real estate transactions.

Old 04-11-2021, 02:45 PM

4,415 posts, read 2,937,322 times
Quote:
No, I am not a real estate agent. I work in a completely different field. That is why I use a real estate agent to do the work involved with buying and selling a house.

However, people can do whatever they want if they think they have the time and expertise to do so. I still don't recommend diy for most people when it comes to real estate transactions.
And you mention Saving money but nowhere did you mention how much he will lose to his real estate agents commission. Don’t you think that should be in your calculation?

Old 04-12-2021, 12:19 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,831,231 times
Quote:
I think I explained my angle pretty well already.

The OP wrote only a few brief sentences. So, I'm going off of that.
So you're simply assuming they will lose money?

Old 04-12-2021, 04:16 PM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
So you're simply assuming they will lose money?
I think they paid $379,900 in August of 2017.
So, assuming the current asking price of $675K, they are not losing money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate