U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:51 PM

4,685 posts, read 7,535,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
Just like CNN and MSNBC gets both sides of a story .
And yet the story came from a local Fox station
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:25 PM

8,889 posts, read 6,826,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
How windy is it in ND anyway? From the sound of the complainers, you'd think there was a high force gale every night.
very and not many trees around to block it.

Old Yesterday, 05:08 PM

5,375 posts, read 2,567,036 times
This is unnerving! I would expect this crap from a state like New York or California, where the Stars and Stripes trigger the "woke" crowd, but North Dakota, really? If we can't fly the Old Glory on our own property in a patriotic state like North Dakota, then where CAN we fly it? And who bribed the rotten snowflake working as the association president?

Old Yesterday, 05:52 PM

8,530 posts, read 16,359,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
I am not an attorney and I don't play one on TV. I never claimed to offer legal advice, I offered an opinion and nothing more than that. I suspect 99.99 % of the users of this forum are doing the same thing.

I felt that in the case of an HOA/COA, they have the same responsibility to all owners/tenants.

Just curious, are you an attorney with knowledge of such rules/regulations in all markets? I can only speculate myself and that's all I did.
You did more than speculate, your opinion was based on nothing or misinformation. You could have looked up the definition of "quiet enjoyment" but you decided you could interpret the meaning of the phrase. HOA/COA, apartment, duplex, etc. are irrelevant to the definition and have nothing to do with responsibility to owners or tenants.

I am not an attorney and knowledge of the rules/regulations in 1 or all markets is irrelevant to the definition/meaning of a legal phrase. Although I have extensive experience working in a real estate law office, the definition I quoted has nothing to do with my experience or personal knowledge as it is not my opinion but a quote. Many of the realtors on here are familiar with the term/phrase "quiet enjoyment" and could just as easily have provided an explanation - and I believe someone did try before me, yet you did ignore that and continued on providing erroneous information/advice/opinion.

Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM

23,502 posts, read 14,954,573 times
It's a condo. He bought knowing he shared a building with other people. And yes, flags can be noisy. He should be respectful of his neighbors and not intentionally interfere with their sleep and their enjoyment of their own unit. No one is saying he can't fly an American flag. They are saying he can't fly a NOISY flag 24/7. He's a jerk trying to politicize something that is not based on politics.

Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
They are saying he can't fly a NOISY flag 24/7. He's a jerk trying to politicize something that is not based on politics.
A flag is a fabric rectangle with a specialized design. (Well, most flags are; Switzerland is a square, and Nepal is sawtooth-shaped.) How the hell can a flag be NOISY? If it sounds like anything while flapping in the wind, it's white noise, if that. I'd say the condo association president was triggered by the flag, and fabricated a "noise" complaint. The condo owner didn't politicize squat! The dumb snowflake did! If he doesn't like the American flag, he can move to the country whose flag has a red star in a white circle on a red background between two blue stripes.

Old Yesterday, 08:52 PM

23,502 posts, read 14,954,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
A flag is a fabric rectangle with a specialized design. (Well, most flags are; Switzerland is a square, and Nepal is sawtooth-shaped.) How the hell can a flag be NOISY? If it sounds like anything while flapping in the wind, it's white noise, if that. I'd say the condo association president was triggered by the flag, and fabricated a "noise" complaint. The condo owner didn't politicize squat! The dumb snowflake did! If he doesn't like the American flag, he can move to the country whose flag has a red star in a white circle on a red background between two blue stripes.
What is on the flag is irrelevant. The noise that is disruptive to neighbors is not.

Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM

4,685 posts, read 7,535,315 times
NY Annie, have a good evening.

I won't argue this further as it is a dumb story and not worth my further time and effort. It doesn't have any impact on my life and likely nobody on this forum. We ultimately have no impact on any decisions and hopefully we will hear how it is resolved.

I yield to your infinite wisdom. Hope that helps you sleep better at night.

Old Today, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
What is on the flag is irrelevant. The noise that is disruptive to neighbors is not.
But that's the thing: there's no way a flag flapping in the wind could be loud enough to disrupt sleep or otherwise cause problems. Despite its symbolism, the flag is "really" a piece of cloth. The "noise" part was fabricated by an association president abusing their power. The OP needs to fight it by using a sound meter to measure the loudness of the flapping flag in decibels. Most localities cap the ambient noise limits at 55 dB to 65 dB; that's the same as background noise in a typical office building. Unless the condominium has lots of night shift workers or children sleeping during the day, there's no way this accusation will fly.

Either that, or the OP should swap the Stars and Stripes for the LGBT flag or the BLM flag. Then find out if it was the "red, white, and blue" color combination that was "noisy". Hmm...

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; Today at 06:00 AM..

Old Today, 06:06 AM

754 posts, read 167,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
My husband is a veteran, and it really bothers him when he sees flags improperly displayed, on clothing, etc. A lot of the folks who feel the need to prove how patriotic they are by dressing head to toe in flags, using it in ads for their business, etc. are actually disrespecting it. He just shakes his head because, as he says, to him it just proves how UNpatriotic they are. He's not "triggered" by seeing the flag. He's frustrated by people's ignorance.

I'm not saying the guy in ND is doing all of that, but just wanted to point that out.
People like your husband need to get over it. Seriously. As long as there isn't any disrespect meant, these people really are being patriotic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate