U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2021, 08:27 PM

29,091 posts, read 50,671,805 times

Advertisements

It’s the sound of freedom and liberty, but is it too loud?

A Fargo, North Dakota, man said he’s been receiving threatening letters from his condo association over complaints that his American flag is making too much noise on windy days.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/no...can-flag-noise
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2021, 09:07 PM

4,681 posts, read 7,532,481 times
OMG, what a complete travesty.

Yes, I am kidding.

I wonder if the homeowner has actually asked for clarification and a possible, acceptable solution from his board. If the flag is creating a lot of noise, it wouldn't be unreasonable to ask him to do something about it. We know nothing about his HOA and their rules and regulations. If the noise is preventing any of his neighbors from maintaining quiet enjoyment of their home then this is a problem for some in the community.

We can only speculate who is complaining, but it doesn't matter if it is creating a nuisance. We can all show our patriotism but show some compassion for others. I hope the HOA board sticks to their fines if he fails to comply after notification of the issue.

Old 05-04-2021, 09:43 PM

3,391 posts, read 1,258,033 times
$200 a day? That's nothing.

The State of Calif, fines are $10,000 per day, for things they deem "unacceptable." With each day, a new and separate violation...

Guess how I know this...

Old 05-04-2021, 09:57 PM

5,196 posts, read 8,764,134 times
The most miserable night I ever spent in a hotel was when my room was next to the large flagpole outside whose rope (for raising/lowering) was loose and flapped and banged all night long.

Right now our subdivision has a sales office trailer across the street from with with less than 12 used car lot type flags. When the wind blows they make an awful racket.

Old 05-04-2021, 10:24 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,875,938 times
Imagine what it sounds like at the UN building on a windy day.

Old 05-05-2021, 11:01 AM

20,475 posts, read 30,564,129 times
There's no rope on that flag. It's just stuck in a flag holder that's on the house.

It can easily be removed. I have a similar set up on the front of my house.

There's more to this than meets the eye, because he says the HOA president who lives above him has a vendetta against him. Why???

People cannot act like adults anymore.

Old 05-05-2021, 11:53 AM

7,098 posts, read 7,992,653 times
I am so willing to bet there is way, way more to this story. 'Cause it's not like Fox News to report anything like this with a slanted view

That said, if he's so patriotic, then he would know that in order for it to be properly displayed at night, it should be illuminated. Doesn't look like it is, yet he says he never takes it down. Funny how so many of these "patriots" who insist on respecting the flag display it and treat it in ways considered disrepectful by the US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Old 05-05-2021, 11:58 AM

4,681 posts, read 7,532,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
I am so willing to bet there is way, way more to this story. 'Cause it's not like Fox News to report anything like this with a slanted view
Agreed with that. Clearly the Fox News station posted the story without getting both sides. Very lame but it doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Old 05-05-2021, 12:03 PM

1,036 posts, read 790,298 times
Quote:

That said, if he's so patriotic, then he would know that in order for it to be properly displayed at night, it should be illuminated. Doesn't look like it is, yet he says he never takes it down. Funny how so many of these "patriots" who insist on respecting the flag display it and treat it in ways considered disrepectful by the US Department of Veterans Affairs.
From the cited article: "I don’t really take it down," he said. "It’s been lit up every night and it’s an all-weather flag, so you follow the guidelines and it’s been up for two years straight, almost."

Old 05-05-2021, 12:04 PM

14,822 posts, read 36,075,368 times
Quote:
He said this in the article.

"I don’t really take it down," he said. "It’s been lit up every night and it’s an all-weather flag, so you follow the guidelines and it’s been up for two years straight, almost."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate