U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2021, 10:25 AM

3,377 posts, read 4,573,167 times

Advertisements

Uh, I'll probably get a ban or discipline for this comment, but how can ANYONE make a comment like this and not include your LOCATION??? Esp. when your "handle" gives no clue??? Frustrating, time wasting, and irre
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2021, 10:33 AM

37,892 posts, read 65,834,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
You may be right, but I was addressing a post that said this does not happen.
It sure does.
There are certainly significant numbers of untrained, unsupervised agents out there.

Old 05-09-2021, 10:58 AM

22,765 posts, read 11,888,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Both of these are 100% happening in NJ. In fact they've become a necessity.
I was speaking to 2006-2008.

Old 05-09-2021, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedwightguy View Post
Uh, I'll probably get a ban or discipline for this comment, but how can ANYONE make a comment like this and not include your LOCATION??? Esp. when your "handle" gives no clue??? Frustrating, time wasting, and irre
There's a number of posters on the RE Forum that won't tell you where they are for fear you'll buy their next house out from under them. Or, if they're Sellers, scared you'll dox their house and criticize them.

if interested - and they've got enough posts - click on their posting history.

bande happens to be in Maryland.

Old 05-09-2021, 12:17 PM

6,845 posts, read 3,099,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Wow, I didn't know love letters were a "thing". My parents used to get them all the time, but not through a realtor as they weren't selling. Just passers-by that loved their traditional Cape Cod with the huge rolling lawn ...in SoCal, lol. My parents were very touched by them.

Interesting to read it can have legal ramifications!

Old 05-09-2021, 02:05 PM

3,681 posts, read 1,391,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Wow, I didn't know love letters were a "thing". My parents used to get them all the time, but not through a realtor as they weren't selling. Just passers-by that loved their traditional Cape Cod with the huge rolling lawn ...in SoCal, lol. My parents were very touched by them.

Yep, get them all the time. Usually, from new brokers wanting to farm. They also send video's of "families" that want to buy your place.
It usually starts out: "Look at how much $$ you can make, with selling now."

Old 05-09-2021, 04:01 PM

37,892 posts, read 65,834,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Yep, get them all the time. Usually, from new brokers wanting to farm. They also send video's of "families" that want to buy your place.
It usually starts out: "Look at how much $$ you can make, with selling now."

As discussed above, love letters in real estate transactions come from buyers attempting to connect with sellers, to pull at sellers' emotions, and give a buyer an edge over other similar offers in a multiple offer situation.

They are not farming letters from agents.

Old 05-09-2021, 05:38 PM

2,474 posts, read 1,222,491 times
A letter worked for us. Not only did it get us the place, our offer wasn’t even the highest one. The seller actually came out to the final walkthrough because she wanted to meet us in person.

Old 05-09-2021, 05:42 PM

3,097 posts, read 6,907,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
As discussed above, love letters in real estate transactions come from buyers attempting to connect with sellers, to pull at sellers' emotions, and give a buyer an edge over other similar offers in a multiple offer situation.

They are not farming letters from agents.

BoBromhal claims this didn't happen in the 2006-2008 Real Estate market, I specifically remember hearing about this happening during those years, but can't find any articles stories to back up my position from that long ago. Maybe I'm just going senile. Regardless of low inventory, eventually supply will meet and exceed demand. It always does when money is to be made. Given that it's harder and takes longer to build a house then say get another few factory assembly lines up and running to make widgets to meet the demand widgets, supply will catch up with demand. It just take a little longer.

I'm also aware the price of materials is up, it's the same principal, there money to be make, lets build more lumber mills to meet demand. The United States cut lumber tariffs that the Trump administration imposed on lumber imported from Canada from 20% to 9%. After the Trump Tariffs Canada lumber mills laid off thousands of workers and closed at least 30 lumber mills. Even with the cuts on Canadian lumber Tariffs it will take time to get idle mills back online,and catch up with current demand.

Old 05-10-2021, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
BoBromhal claims this didn't happen in the 2006-2008 Real Estate market, I specifically remember hearing about this happening during those years, but can't find any articles stories to back up my position from that long ago. Maybe I'm just going senile. .
Maybe you're having reading issues? Bo Bromhal said

Quote:
There was no waiving of inspections, and there were few "love letters".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate