U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 08:55 PM

11,428 posts, read 9,290,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
I have been watching my local market like a hawk. For over a year, my local market had been a seller's market. Low inventory, houses snatched up within hours, offers over list.

Then I noticed that prices seemed to have stabilized, days on market were increasing, and there more properties entering the market. It also went from 103% of the list price to 98%.

Anyway, there may be a little light at the end of the tunnel for buyers in my area.
The bulk of the settlement of sales on existing homes occurs in June and in September. You'll see inventory increasing but you won't see that many of the pending sales recorded yet.

Frenzy for low-cost homes to remodel
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2021, 12:26 PM

6,168 posts, read 8,757,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
As discussed above, love letters in real estate transactions come from buyers attempting to connect with sellers, to pull at sellers' emotions, and give a buyer an edge over other similar offers in a multiple offer situation.

They are not farming letters from agents.
Just curious...so do you not deliver them to seller clients? Tell buyer clients not to write them?

Old 05-17-2021, 01:26 PM

12,168 posts, read 10,531,124 times
Realtors always have an explanation of the market which is aimed toward wanting their buyer or seller to get the deal done s they can get paid. No deal, no money. The successful ones are good at the glass half full or half empty game. Their answer will fit the filler or the emptier depending on who they represent. No deal, no income.

Old 05-17-2021, 03:34 PM

12,716 posts, read 25,286,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasudesu View Post
I don't believe this one either.. says 5% growth for Florida year over year... I bought my house for 110k in 2/2018.. I put 30k in it. I have the largest home and land in the development.. Currently would sell for about 260...(Zillow has it at 242k) it has skyrocketed here.. problem is where to go because you would be paying inflated prices also.

Old 05-17-2021, 04:42 PM

9,078 posts, read 5,266,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
Realtors always have an explanation of the market which is aimed toward wanting their buyer or seller to get the deal done s they can get paid. No deal, no money. The successful ones are good at the glass half full or half empty game. Their answer will fit the filler or the emptier depending on who they represent. No deal, no income.
For real. I have quite a few realtor friends, who live in other states, so I can't really be a client of theirs and they always tell me "right now" is the best time to buy.

Old 05-18-2021, 06:35 AM

37,892 posts, read 65,834,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Just curious...so do you not deliver them to seller clients? Tell buyer clients not to write them?
I will not deliver them to seller clients.
I have delivered letters from my buyers, even recently, feeling that the onus was on sellers to "do the right thing."

But I have started sharing the NAR guidance on not doing them with buyers, and have decided not to forward them going forward.
That decision may be a bit moot, as many agents are accepting the training offered, so many listings have a note "No love letters." In those cases, a love letter from a buyer might be a strong negative, regardless of content.

Old 05-18-2021, 06:38 AM

37,892 posts, read 65,834,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
When you speak in absolutes, you diminish the credibility of your input.
You would have looked smarter had you said, "Some REALTORS...." I would readily agree with that.

Old 05-18-2021, 09:30 AM

22,765 posts, read 11,880,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
When you speak in absolutes, you diminish the credibility of your input.
You would have looked smarter had you said, "Some REALTORS...." I would readily agree with that.
I spent 2006-2008 telling people NOT to buy if there was a chance they'd need to sell w/in 3 years.

I spent 2009-2011 telling MOST Sellers not to sell unless they had to.

Old 05-18-2021, 10:37 AM

4,544 posts, read 10,518,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I spent 2006-2008 telling people NOT to buy if there was a chance they'd need to sell w/in 3 years.

You may have already posted this and I missed it, but, anyway, what are you telling buyers now?

Old 05-20-2021, 04:08 PM

9,078 posts, read 5,266,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post

Kudos to you. Most of my RE friends tell me it's the best time to buy and sell. All the time lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate