U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 12:18 PM

9,194 posts, read 5,928,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Not sure on how old it is. Might be close to that date.
Ok - FYI - Pre-1976 are considered too old for a financing and they don’t conform to current HUD minimum standards.

Nothing inherently unsafe about them but they pre-date modern code.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2021, 06:42 PM

7,808 posts, read 9,861,806 times
Don't assume anything. Everything depends on Arizona state law.

In Michigan, a trailer which is affixed to the land is considered to be part of the real estate. It usually won't show up on a Deed because a Deed conveys the land AND all attachments to the land, so stating that a house or trailer is on the land is unnecessary and rarely done. Michigan does have a process to formally affix a trailer to the land--primarily to assure lenders that the trailer is considered real estate--but failure to file an Affidavit of Affixture does not mean that it is not part of the real estate, provided the trailer meets the requirements of being attached. Real property includes land and everything attached to it...but state laws vary when it comes to trailers.

Old 05-07-2021, 06:46 PM

3,593 posts, read 1,886,084 times
Quote:
Perhaps you should contact all the VIN check websites many of whom say VIN number:

I could go and on but you get the point.

I get the point. The point is that it is said and written out of ignorance. Ignorance is often ubiquitous.

Old 05-07-2021, 09:59 PM

6,182 posts, read 2,969,579 times
I own a doublewide mobile home in Arizona. It doesn't have a VIN, but there is an ID number; we haven't had to deal with MVD at all.

You may have trouble getting insurance if the house has been moved from its original placement; only one company in our area would cover it. USAA and Geico both turned us down.

If you decide to get rid of it, you may be able to donate it, and the recipient pays for moving.

Old 05-08-2021, 09:45 AM

14,985 posts, read 4,062,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
I get the point. The point is that it is said and written out of ignorance. Ignorance is often ubiquitous.

Actually if you worried about wasted unnecessary words you would have not commented on it at all. VIN number is fine. Not everyone is as "knowledgeable" as you in understand what VIN means.

Old 05-08-2021, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
Don't assume anything. Everything depends on Arizona state law.

In Michigan, a trailer which is affixed to the land is considered to be part of the real estate. It usually won't show up on a Deed because a Deed conveys the land AND all attachments to the land, so stating that a house or trailer is on the land is unnecessary and rarely done. Michigan does have a process to formally affix a trailer to the land--primarily to assure lenders that the trailer is considered real estate--but failure to file an Affidavit of Affixture does not mean that it is not part of the real estate, provided the trailer meets the requirements of being attached. Real property includes land and everything attached to it...but state laws vary when it comes to trailers.

In Arizona where I have purchased a couple trailers on land in the past, the trailer is not part of the purchase officially unless its on the deed. Both previous purchases the trailer was on the deed. The county collects tax fees on the land and the trailer. I believe improvements have to be spelled out on the deed. At least all the parcels I have purchased in Arizona do that. They are called improvements. Whether it be a house, garage, shed or mobile home. I know it gets complicated if you buy a parcel with say a 2 year old mobile home. It could have been financed and owe money on it or worth enough to be moved somewhere else.

Old 05-08-2021, 09:54 AM

4,691 posts, read 7,540,489 times
Quote:
VIN number is fine. Not everyone is as "knowledgeable" as you in understand what VIN means.
Agreed. Auto insurers ask for a VIN number when writing a policy. Mechanics and car dealers routinely use the expression. It's just common vernacular.

No difference when you are asked for a PIN number when using a debit card at a POS (Point of Sale) terminal.

Old 05-08-2021, 01:05 PM

2,663 posts, read 5,077,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
Agreed. Auto insurers ask for a VIN number when writing a policy. Mechanics and car dealers routinely use the expression. It's just common vernacular.

No difference when you are asked for a PIN number when using a debit card at a POS (Point of Sale) terminal.
I just purchased a new car two weeks ago, and GEICO, who does this all day long, asked for the "VIN number."

I understand the redundancy issue with VINs and PINs, but it's kind of pointlessly pedantic, just as "10 Items or Less" at grocery store express lanes irritates usage sticklers.

People understand what's meant, and that's all that matters.

Old 05-08-2021, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiyo-e View Post
I just purchased a new car two weeks ago, and GEICO, who does this all day long, asked for the "VIN number."

I understand the redundancy issue with VINs and PINs, but it's kind of pointlessly pedantic, just as "10 Items or Less" at grocery store express lanes irritates usage sticklers.

People understand what's meant, and that's all that matters.

Thank you!

Old 05-08-2021, 04:52 PM

556 posts, read 210,006 times
You would definitely want to SEE the mobile home before agreeing to buy the property. If it's not reparable you need to ask the buyer to remove it because I have heard they're at times very hard to get rid of or costly to do so.

If it IS reparable THEN you want to make sure it's YOURS and no one CAN come and claim it after you fix it up or put furniture etc in it.

I'd make the situation with the mobile home part of the buying contract. Either prove it's going to be mine before I buy the property" OR "Get it off my property before I buy it!" if it's too far gone to repair. OR THEY pay you back to dispose of it out of the purchase price from the money in escrow. The escrow service subtracts out the money to pay to get rid of it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate