Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2021, 10:53 AM

3,373 posts, read 1,962,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Don't forget to write a review (but don't mention the reduced commission - that's private).
Yes and that could also put the agent in an uncomfortable situation in the future if other clients request the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2021, 02:45 PM

111 posts, read 90,811 times
I'll be unoriginal and suggest a glowing review too. Let your friends and family know you had a great realtor also helps

Old 05-11-2021, 03:10 PM

4 posts, read 2,405 times
Okay, I left reviews on google, yelp, and zillow.... thank you all for the feedback!
Still considering a small gift.

Old 05-11-2021, 09:05 PM

870 posts, read 2,108,549 times
We bought our realtor a nice artsy carving from Etsy about a realtor. She really seemed to like it.

Old 05-11-2021, 10:26 PM

4,515 posts, read 2,520,191 times
My best gift is having a happy client put reviews on google, yelp, realtor.com, trulia, and zillow. That's priceless. And referring them to people looking to buy or sell.

Old 05-11-2021, 11:08 PM

5,587 posts, read 8,398,368 times
I had an agent offer to take a percent off the commission because I was ready to reject the buyer's offer. I agreed. At the closing table, a happy occasion where the buyers and I were bonding, I noticed the papers had the full commission. I felt it was a set-up, so either I wouldn't notice it - or - I'd say, oh forget it (rather than have them re-do that page). I made them re-do the page with the lower commission.

Old 05-12-2021, 03:28 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Figs View Post
We just bought a house right outside of Austin! It was tough, we lost several houses that we put offers on. Our realtor helped make this deal happen by offering to take a lower commission. I know that normally realtors don’t receive gifts from clients, but I’m wondering if we should give something in this situation? I was considering flowers or something, or is that weird??
I would suggest taking your Realtor out to dinner or a Brunch?
Let them suggest the place to eat.

Please don't do gifts unless you specifically know what they like!

Gifts I have received from my clients:

A Grey tie with Yellow houses on it :
(I still have it because they were so nice & I appreciated the gesture even though I have never worn it)

A Home cooked Meal:
(Don't do this please!)

She was serving me "Duck" with the head on the plate.

NO...please?

Old 05-12-2021, 10:16 AM

12,840 posts, read 866,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertyforever12 View Post
Normally I would expect a gift from my realtor instead of me giving my realtor gift.
Although I wouldn't "expect" a gift from my realtor, I have gotten a gift from a few of my realtors in the past. If I were ever going to give a gift I like the idea of inviting the realtor to your housewarming with a good meal like LO28SWM posted in #3.

Old 05-12-2021, 10:17 AM

10,966 posts, read 21,972,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I had an agent offer to take a percent off the commission because I was ready to reject the buyer's offer. I agreed. At the closing table, a happy occasion where the buyers and I were bonding, I noticed the papers had the full commission. I felt it was a set-up, so either I wouldn't notice it - or - I'd say, oh forget it (rather than have them re-do that page). I made them re-do the page with the lower commission.
Probably not. I had a situation recently where we didn't get the ALTA until we were at the closing table. Attorney offices usually botch that even when we've provided the correct information. Even though I had told my client I hadn't seen it yet, and requested a copy at the closing, and I was the one who pointed out right there in front of everyone the commission was wrong on both sides, my client accused me of trying to pull a fast one on him. You can't win with some people. I just didn't bother to add him to my followup list.

Old 05-12-2021, 01:14 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Figs View Post
We just bought a house right outside of Austin! It was tough, we lost several houses that we put offers on. Our realtor helped make this deal happen by offering to take a lower commission. I know that normally realtors don’t receive gifts from clients, but I’m wondering if we should give something in this situation? I was considering flowers or something, or is that weird??
Yes, flowers ARE weird. You're in Texas now. THINK like a Texan. If you want to get your realtor something they'd REALLY appreciate, then get them ammo. (You think I'm kidding? Try it.)

Unless you want to really "thank them." Then get them a 1911. Heck, every Texan should have at least 2 or 3 1911's. (BTW, since you're now a Texan, you'll need to pony up to the bar and get a 1911 for yourself.)

You get them flowers, and watch their facial expression. Get them a few hundred rounds, and watch their expression...

2 different re-actions, entirely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate