Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2008, 10:33 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times

Advertisements

My son is looking to buy a home in the Concord NC area and we are curious about opinions regarding signing with one realitor. Any ideas here???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2008, 12:53 PM

15,583 posts, read 40,455,430 times
Are you looking for a referral for a good agent, or are you asking about whether he should commit to working with just one agent?

Old 05-17-2008, 01:04 PM

2 posts, read 6,505 times
Working with a buyer's agent can be beneficial to you. If you visit a neighborhood that has an on-site agent working for the builder, you have to remember that that person's loyalty to the seller (typically the builder) and their goal is to get the best deal for the seller. Having a buyer's agent that is working to get YOU the best deal is often times worth it. Hope this is helpful!

Old 05-17-2008, 01:33 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,423,966 times
Why would he want to work with more than one agent? He should find an agent that he feels comfortable with and trusts, and make sure that agent understands what he's looking for. Most agents in an area will be on the local MLS, so it's not like several agents are going to have access to houses that the others don't; FSBO's aside, they're all looking at the same database of houses for sale.

So, the question is, what are the benefits of using multiple agents in the same area?

Old 05-17-2008, 01:54 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Cyn-I DM'd you.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:38 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,899,840 times
I tried giving you a rep Texas but can't yet.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:55 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Why would he want to work with more than one agent? He should find an agent that he feels comfortable with and trusts, and make sure that agent understands what he's looking for. Most agents in an area will be on the local MLS, so it's not like several agents are going to have access to houses that the others don't; FSBO's aside, they're all looking at the same database of houses for sale.

So, the question is, what are the benefits of using multiple agents in the same area?
You are right and this is my sons thinking too. I was afraid if he signed with one realitor they might not be able to show him all the homes or would be reluctant to show homes if it wern't with their company. I am nieve when it comes to this business so that is why I asked. Thank you for your reply--now I better understand the situation.

Old 05-18-2008, 11:55 AM

45 posts, read 172,744 times
Tell your son to interview the realtor. When I have a prospect buyer, I normally go over with with him why a buyer agent is important and explain what benefits the buyer will get out of an agency relationship. When a prospect signs for a buyer brokerage agreement with a realtor, his interests will be represented in the purchase of a home. When I have a buyer lead or prospect, I normally give the person a buyer information package and go over with the person the home buying process from initial interview to the closing date/possession. I strongly recommend your son to interview at least 2 or 3 real estate agents and choose the one who will offer him the best service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate