Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2021, 01:51 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,861,761 times

Advertisements

Most of these people took advantage of the no eviction rule and kept their rent or mortgage money for themselves. Stupid rule and we all get to pay a bit to sort it out. Time to end all of this nonsense and let the deadbeats get booted out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2021, 02:22 PM

5,342 posts, read 14,143,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
We had our mortgage on hold a few months, Bank of America was pretty quick to send us a letter telling us we have to get a repayment plan going and that it will be expected to be paid on top of the mortgage each month. They did not add it to the back of the loan like some people are hoping they'll do.

People that can not pay the mortgage plus the balance on hold will be forced to put their houses for sale.

As I said, I guess we will see what will happen. It will be interesting to watch.

Why comment if you're not interested?

Same with social security, why do you continue to comment in those threads if they bore you so much?

Thanks for the rude comment Mike. You also didn't have to come in here to comment.

Since you're using your real name, potential clients will see your rude comment.

They supposedly gave each state money for homeowners to apply to their state to get that money but most states have been slow to roll out a website for people to apply. NJ had not set their site up the last time I looked.
So you are actually one of these homeowners you mention. Do you think your home is going to be foreclosed on?

Old 06-21-2021, 02:34 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
What may hit hard is Escrow accounts that have been depleted and need to be built back to pay taxes and insurances.

The mortgage was just added to the end of the loan. Insurance and taxes cannot be and those funds need to be added to the account.

Old 06-21-2021, 03:56 PM

2,684 posts, read 2,402,404 times
It would be wonderful for the housing market if all these foreclosures would hit at once. It's just way too hot right now. Imagine going from only a few houses for sale per zip code to tons of houses. Unfortunate of course, as it will rock the housing market, but that's one market that could use a rockin'!

Old 06-21-2021, 04:55 PM

136 posts, read 105,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCresident2014 View Post
It would be wonderful for the housing market if all these foreclosures would hit at once. It's just way too hot right now. Imagine going from only a few houses for sale per zip code to tons of houses. Unfortunate of course, as it will rock the housing market, but that's one market that could use a rockin'!
They learned from last time

Old 06-22-2021, 02:31 AM

23,869 posts, read 33,575,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheGuy View Post
So you are actually one of these homeowners you mention. Do you think your home is going to be foreclosed on?

As I've said, our mortgage was only on hold a few months, not through the whole COVID. We've been paying it along with the mortgage.

We would have to sell the house had we not paid it through all of COVID which I think others will have to do that were out of work and not paying.

Old 06-22-2021, 03:06 AM

35,081 posts, read 31,322,562 times
I can understand the forbearance programs while we were in the height of the crisis. We are emerging from it. I can see keeping a glide path for those who are behind to get caught up, but other than that, there is more than enough work available for people to begin catching up.

Old 06-22-2021, 03:59 AM

106,706 posts, read 108,880,922 times
Very few who didn’t pay are going to get caught up

Old 06-22-2021, 07:00 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
As I've said, our mortgage was only on hold a few months, not through the whole COVID. We've been paying it along with the mortgage.

We would have to sell the house had we not paid it through all of COVID which I think others will have to do that were out of work and not paying.
What I understand is the lenders are not requiring anyone to get caught up on the Mortgage Principal and Interest payments.. They are just adding it to the end of the loan and extending the time to pay off the house.

As I mentioned above what will have to be paid is the Escrow Money for Taxes and Insurance for most people that was depleted as they were paid for 2020. They will need to build up the required reserves plus now start making their regular payments. The Tax man must be paid.

For many people Escrow Payments are as big as the Principal and Interest. So for at least 2021-2022 they may seem like they are making double payments until that Escrow Reserve is built back to a required level.

Old 06-22-2021, 08:27 AM

5,342 posts, read 14,143,650 times
Quote:

So you made it through, but you think/assume that most/all of the rest of the folks that participated in forbearance will all go into foreclosure. You also think/assume that all the folks in forbearance will be forced to accept accelerated catch up payments instead of having the catch up payments added to the end of the loan and that will send them all into for closure. As a mortgage lender and servicer, I would say you are wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate