Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 10:40 AM

14,496 posts, read 12,128,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
Page 3 of this thread. I answered you

“These realtors mentioned are all out of state. I was trying to find a good realtor to work with in finding the next house.”

A Brit friend who used to be a realtor, says the problem with realtors is they don’t listen. This proves her right.

Also..it was was uncomfortable for me when you broadcast the area I live in without permission. Most people want to remain anonymous online, since every public forum has its share of creepy people and stalkers.
Oh dear. Taz... your area is broadcast in the upper right corner of all your posts. So is mine.

I keep trying to leave us in a place where no one has to lose face or feel like they have to defend themselves, so it can stop. For that to work, you have to want that too.

All the best to both of us. OK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2021, 10:58 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,114,080 times
Here is how you add value.

Add a bedroom and a bathroom. Add more square feet to your home.

There.

Now, are you going to hire me?

Old 07-13-2021, 11:17 AM

3,179 posts, read 2,131,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post

All the best to both of us. OK?
Only if you promise to work on your reading comprehension.

Old 07-13-2021, 05:52 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,579,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginan View Post
Even if I'm not ready to sell, or don't plan to for a while?

What is the etiquette or right thing to do with something like this?

And would I be obligated to "hire" one of the 3 agents when the time comes to sell (assuming I think they would do a good job).
When you interview the realtors, you ask each one how much it would sell for if you sold as-is with the normal cleanup and maybe interior painting (some realtors here will pitch in with what's normal). They should then provide you with a middle of the road price with more things done and the high road with a lot of updates. Most realtors will give you two choices and tell you how long it might take to get it under contract. My next door neighbors just went through this and got about $ 115K above the lowball as-is no repairs price after putting in 40K in repairs including remodeling guest bathroom, refinishing wood floors, painting interior, and some minor remodeling around the house. It went under contract in two days. The realtor was very detail oriented, participated in some of the landscape staging work, and also brought in some young adults to appear in the interior staging photos.

I'd have to say that I was surprised that they got away without knocking down walls and doing a lot of the open concept remodeling which would've added a lot of time and expense. The home sold for close to a comparable house which converted to an open floor plan.

A really good agent will have sense of how hot the market is and help the seller avoid spending up to meet expectations. Not a realtor myself.

Last edited by lchoro; 07-13-2021 at 06:01 PM..

Old 07-14-2021, 10:40 AM

165 posts, read 118,639 times
Thank you so much everyone for your responses. I've read all of them, and have started acting on some of your advice.

I will reply to some specific posts but just wanted to say a general thank you to everyone in the meantime.

Old 07-16-2021, 04:33 PM

2,825 posts, read 7,547,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginan View Post
Even if I'm not ready to sell, or don't plan to for a while?

What is the etiquette or right thing to do with something like this?

And would I be obligated to "hire" one of the 3 agents when the time comes to sell (assuming I think they would do a good job).
Hire an appraiser for a consult.

Old 07-16-2021, 04:51 PM

11,831 posts, read 34,448,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annemieke Roell View Post
Most appraisers will give you a report about today's value (for $$) and some can do an exceptional job with what a property was worth in the past.

A real estate agent can help with tips for repairing or replacing things that will help increase the value. Sometimes it is just what is trending in your market. Not everyone watches HGTv.

Old 07-19-2021, 04:11 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,131,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick.james View Post
You're in Olympia, WA, she's in Rochester, WA......

And we’re moving out of state. Say it with me people. Out of state.

Old 07-19-2021, 05:22 PM

2,825 posts, read 7,547,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post

A real estate agent can help with tips for repairing or replacing things that will help increase the value. Sometimes it is just what is trending in your market. Not everyone watches HGTv.
IMO an appraiser is better equipped to determine what will increase the value.

Old 07-20-2021, 12:43 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,350,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annemieke Roell View Post
How much would that cost? If it’s more than like $40, probably a waste of money IMO as a real estate agent can probably tell you the same stuff for free. If the ultimate goal was to actually make some of the improvements, I feel like a “free consultation” with an interior designer or something would probably be better than an appraiser too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate