Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2021, 06:09 AM

1,684 posts, read 3,957,221 times

Advertisements

Sorry, you have to look in closets and cabinets. How else can you confirm they will work for you? Several years ago, when I was looking at a rental house, the tenant was there. He said he never got the text that the leasing agent sent about showing the house. What 20-30 year old doesn't have his phone in his hand 24/7? haha. I didn't look in the closet in one of the 2 bedrooms, saw the one in the second bedroom because the doors were wide open. Surprise surprise when I moved in the closet in the bedroom I chose as mine to use had a teeny tiny closet and the water heater was in there!!! it had previously been in the attic and it broke. they moved it to the closet so it wouldn't cause as much damage if it broke again. So for 3-1/2 years, I had to go into the 2nd bedroom to get my clothes to dress. not a problem as I was the only person living there with a dog. made me look at all closets!

the kitchen cabinets were another issue... just boxes hung on the walls - not very sturdy or deep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2021, 06:56 AM

1,047 posts, read 727,108 times
We put in the slow close (I forget official name) cabinets so I definitely wanted buyers to open and close.

Old 07-21-2021, 06:59 AM

43,310 posts, read 77,154,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
We put in the slow close (I forget official name) cabinets so I definitely wanted buyers to open and close.

"Soft close."

Yup. People check for them.

Old 07-21-2021, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
"Soft close."

Yup. People check for them.
Thank you ! I knew I had wrong name.

Old 07-21-2021, 08:39 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,461,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAXhound View Post
OK, then why is Oregon eliminating the love letters?
It’s certainly isn’t so people won’t be discriminated against? The state senator who proposed this bill is a former realtor who’s backed by real estate groups and union builders. This is public record.

Saying it’s to help with discrimination is a good cover, but in reality it just makes it that much easier for big money to buy up houses without sellers knowing. Much of Oregon has seen R1 zoning go bye bye, and this is just the next step in redeveloping residential neighborhoods.

I have family in Salem and everyone there sees right through this BS. Thankfully there’s no law against you giving a seller a love letter, it’s just your agent can’t give it to them.

Old 07-21-2021, 09:30 AM

15,579 posts, read 40,450,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
It’s certainly isn’t so people won’t be discriminated against? The state senator who proposed this bill is a former realtor who’s backed by real estate groups and union builders. This is public record.

Saying it’s to help with discrimination is a good cover, but in reality it just makes it that much easier for big money to buy up houses without sellers knowing. Much of Oregon has seen R1 zoning go bye bye, and this is just the next step in redeveloping residential neighborhoods.

I have family in Salem and everyone there sees right through this BS. Thankfully there’s no law against you giving a seller a love letter, it’s just your agent can’t give it to them.
I am an agent and investor in Salem, and you don't know what you are talking about.

Old 07-21-2021, 09:44 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,461,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
I am an agent and investor in Salem, and you don't know what you are talking about.
So are you saying Rep. Mark Meek isn’t a former realtor backed by special interests, or the Oregon legislature hasn’t decimated R1 zoning?

https://ballotpedia.org/Mark_Meek

https://www.oregon.gov/lcd/UP/Pages/...g-Choices.aspx

Old 07-21-2021, 10:05 AM

779 posts, read 424,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAXhound View Post
Never, ever, as long as.... Lol. And when the same sex couple brings their rejected cash offer, that was ten thousand more than you sold it for the same day, the burden of proof would be on you.
No, that's not how it works. The burden of proof is still on the person making the complaint. And even if the seller was discriminating it's a very difficult thing to prove.

Why did you accept the other offer instead of our cash offer that was $10k higher? The other offer met our asking price and came in first, we felt it was the fair thing to do. The other offer had a closing date that better fit our schedule. The other offer allowed us 2 week occupancy after close. The other offer had a bigger earnest deposit. The other offer had 7 day inspection contingency instead of 10 day.

Old 07-21-2021, 10:42 AM

1,411 posts, read 1,002,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
All of you discussing discrimination, how do you know what the buyers look like? We had a zillion people in here in a week and were gone for 90% of the showings, the 10% I was there was to show ladies a few things the realtors would not know and things only a girl would appreciate that we did with the reno. I then left 50 seconds later and let them be alone with realtor and home. When we got 15 offers I had zero memory of anybody. What was reason they said not going with the 10k over? I am not entirely caught up here.
Lately I've been reading about about people sending in family pictures along with a "love letter". I'm just saying. One guy on another forum said that he sent in a picture of his family and his kids.

Old 07-21-2021, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
Lately I've been reading about about people sending in family pictures along with a "love letter". I'm just saying. One guy on another forum said that he sent in a picture of his family and his kids.
In hopes of trying to talk the family into choosing their offer? That is the weirdest thing I've heard.
I guess it may be less weird if you are spending millions. I never had a home of that value. Perhaps, that photo would mean something to owners like that. It's quite perplexing. I would want to know price of home and then we should all do a poll here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate