Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 02:40 PM

6,484 posts, read 10,357,154 times

Advertisements

There is no need for the OP to research this any further if they think it might be too disruptive for them to live there. Just find something else and move on.......

Even if the OP knew who owned it, there is no guarantee that anything could be done to minimize the noise by whoever owns it for whatever reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2021, 03:37 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,030,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
There is no need for the OP to research this any further if they think it might be too disruptive for them to live there. Just find something else and move on.......

Even if the OP knew who owned it, there is no guarantee that anything could be done to minimize the noise by whoever owns it for whatever reason.
I agree.. that set up doesn’t look like it can ‘be turned off’ just because he asks. It look like it belongs to the community the townhouse is in.. he could talk to management or HOA but why? Just move on

Old 08-24-2021, 04:00 PM

32,658 posts, read 48,067,543 times
I'm not sure what it is but it is nothing temporary. Is it inside the grounds of the townhome association? It doesn't look like it has anything to do with the food court.

I'd be careful about the food court, also. There might be smells, rats, and roaches if sanitation isn't kept perfectly.

The landlord isn't going to tell you anything about it and it is very unlikely that he never knew it was there. That's a bit of a red flag.

The local electric company or maybe the local water company might be able to tell you what it is. If you find out, let us know.

Old 08-24-2021, 04:12 PM

58 posts, read 95,892 times
I don't think it has to do with the townhome community, but maybe for the mall? Here is another google maps aerial photo showing that the pump station was there even before the townhomes were built.

https://ibb.co/tMQyHcf

You can see the pump station in the middle of the picture

Old 08-25-2021, 07:17 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,659,204 times
If you're that interested you could get the address and then find out from the municipal (city or county) land records who owns it.

On the other hand, nothing you do is going to change the fact that whatever it is will be making that same sound, probably every hour that you live there. You might get to the point where you don't notice it, but I doubt it.

Old 08-25-2021, 07:51 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,030,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gz390 View Post
I don't think it has to do with the townhome community, but maybe for the mall? Here is another google maps aerial photo showing that the pump station was there even before the townhomes were built.

https://ibb.co/tMQyHcf

You can see the pump station in the middle of the picture
Looking at your first photo it’s clear that is belongs to the townhome community… and they put that stuff in before they build the buildings.

Call the townhome management company or HOA and ask them what it is… or go read the sign on the fence.

You won’t be happy there… not hearing noise 24/7.

Old 08-25-2021, 07:53 AM

6,484 posts, read 10,357,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
If you're that interested you could get the address and then find out from the municipal (city or county) land records who owns it.
Doing so would be a complete waste of time and effort.

Old 08-25-2021, 08:06 AM
KCZ

4,676 posts, read 3,671,743 times
It looks like a water treatment system, so I doubt it's only temporary. I'd start looking for another place.

Old 08-25-2021, 08:53 AM

58 posts, read 95,892 times
OK - thanks all for the replies. I think I will move on from this because I am pretty sensitive to noises unfortunately. Shame because it is such a good location and convenient and the price was decent too. During the day the sound was only loud in one of the rooms but the one next to it was not really very audible. But who knows what it would sound like during the night when I am trying to sleep. Wonder why they couldn't have built a hard structure over the entire thing to keep the noise down though.

Old 08-25-2021, 09:12 AM

2,957 posts, read 5,906,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gz390 View Post
I was considering renting a new townhome but once I was inside I heard some loud constant humming noise in one of the bedrooms. I look out in the back and see this fenced off area with a bunch of power cables and generator equipment?
Can someone tell me what these things are and why would they be right behind the home?

https://ibb.co/2hP9kvF

I attached a link. It seems like some electric power station? I was only there during the day and it was a noticeable noise inside the room, so I was wondering if the noise would be even more noticeable at night or in the morning. I came back later in the day and still heard the noise. The landlord never mentioned it before I came to look in person and they didn't seem to know what it was. They said they could ask someone to turn it off and that it was temporary but from what I have seen on Google maps it has been there a long time so they might be lying. Inside the grey building is an indoor mall/ food court that was recently built. Also can that cause health issues living so close to that? The unit has not been rented for a long time so I'm wondering if people just don't want to be around that. It was newly built this year and has yet to have been rented.
My pool pump is right outside the master bathroom and I couldn't sleep at night when it's on. IDK what those are, but unless you can get a great deal, I'd stay away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate