Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2021, 05:27 PM
AZ8

111 posts, read 80,420 times

Advertisements

When I sold my last house back in Nov 2020, I received my funds via wire transfer in about 3 hours.

Go with a wire transfer and save all the headaches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2021, 06:02 PM

5,987 posts, read 3,727,800 times
On the last two closings I was involved with (one as a buyer of property and one as a seller of property), the wire transfers were required to be in the Title Company's hands several days prior to the closing. That way, the Title Company could be sure that the transfer of money had been completed from the buyer's bank to the Title Company's account. Then a check was issued from the Title Company to the seller at the closing. Immediately after the closing, I took my check a few blocks down the street and deposited it in my bank.

I don't think I would have been OK with the Title Company telling me that I'd get a check in about 5 days. If they told me that, then I would have told them, "OK, then I'll sign the deed when you're ready to hand me the check."

Old 09-02-2021, 06:05 PM

162 posts, read 181,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
You say you’re signing in September 8, but when are the buyers signing?
Good question! I just thought it would be the same time... I need to ask. Thanks, Okey Dokie!

Old 09-02-2021, 06:07 PM

162 posts, read 181,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
On the last two closings I was involved with (one as a buyer of property and one as a seller of property), the wire transfers were required to be in the Title Company's hands several days prior to the closing. That way, the Title Company could be sure that the transfer of money had been completed from the buyer's bank to the Title Company's account. Then a check was issued from the Title Company to the seller at the closing. Immediately after the closing, I took my check a few blocks down the street and deposited it in my bank.

I don't think I would have been OK with the Title Company telling me that I'd get a check in about 5 days. If they told me that, then I would have told them, "OK, then I'll sign the deed when you're ready to hand me the check."
Yeah, that's the way we're feeling! I need to find out who the Title Company is, track them down, and ask them...

Old 09-02-2021, 07:17 PM

5,987 posts, read 3,727,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfie56 View Post
Yeah, that's the way we're feeling! I need to find out who the Title Company is, track them down, and ask them...
Yep, you want your check to come from the Title Company's escrow account with the principal lawyer's signature on it, not from Joe Buyer's checking account or his money order from XYZ Financial Company which is just a post office box for a company in the Bahama's.

Old 09-03-2021, 04:18 AM

21,929 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Wire the money but call the escrow officer/title company to verify the wiring instructions. Make them overnight the check. It was cost an extra $30.

Old 09-03-2021, 07:48 AM

9,125 posts, read 6,180,105 times
When I sold my house, we closed in the morning and the funds were wired the same day as closing. But if your closing is late in the day, you may miss the cut off for same day wires and the funds may go the next day.

Verify with the closing company.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:23 AM

6,478 posts, read 10,347,099 times
OP, what day of the week and the time that you closed ?? If it were later afternoon on a Friday, might delay processing until the next Monday. Any new updates ??

Old 09-03-2021, 08:35 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
OP, what day of the week and the time that you closed ?? If it were later afternoon on a Friday, might delay processing until the next Monday. Any new updates ??
I try to never close on a Friday if possible. If something goes wrong with the lender and Funding, a Buyer may not get the house until Monday. We almost never release keys until the loan is funded.

And that's tough when you have movers showing up on a Saturday.

Never close on a Friday, the last day of the Month and the day before a Holiday. It's really bad if all 3 are the same day.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:40 AM

10,965 posts, read 21,983,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I try to never close on a Friday if possible. If something goes wrong with the lender and Funding, a Buyer may not get the house until Monday. We almost never release keys until the loan is funded.

And that's tough when you have movers showing up on a Saturday.

Never close on a Friday, the last day of the Month and the day before a Holiday. It's really bad if all 3 are the same day.
I try to schedule closings on Wednesdays or Thursdays when possible for this reason. If it's delayed, you get pushed to Monday. You try to close on a Monday, that means everything needs to be ready by end of day Friday. Both are tough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate