Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2021, 04:41 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,765,913 times

Advertisements

If/when - I put my house up for sale - I would be for sure bragging if it sells fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2021, 04:44 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,832,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
If/when - I put my house up for sale - I would be for sure bragging if it sells fast.
Hmmm. What's the bigger brag - sold it in 48 hours for the asking price of $500,000 or sold it in a week for $550,000?

Old 10-19-2021, 06:34 PM

204 posts, read 128,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Does that give people the creeps; would that deter you if the seller was there while you were looking at a house? Does it mean you have to listen to the seller's BS, and can't share, for example, a normal husband and wife conversation about "ooh, that is nice; ouch, that color....what were they thinking; that view--that wasn't what they showed in the pics, etc". Is the owner being there an encumbrance to a buyer taking a look ?
For me, it has been. I prefer to look at a home when the seller isn't present and/or a family member isn't the listing agent.

Most recently, we've looked at two homes where the sellers were present, as their realtors couldn't make our appointment time. We found this out when we arrived. One seller couldn't have been nicer, but we still felt like we had to watch what we said. The other seller expected he'd get asking price (double what he paid 5 yrs ago); the home is still listed at 995K with no reductions. The house had/has soooo many problems, and the seller kept dropping F bombs. Not doing that again.

Old 10-20-2021, 06:56 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,071,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenhouseZ View Post
... and the seller kept dropping F bombs. Not doing that again.
LoL...if it wasn't for the pricing, i would say you met my neighbor!

Update: I am, not sure how a FSBO works, but somehow a realtor got involved. Doesn't appear to to be a "full service" type but some sort of discount operation.

Now, the seller has been carefully dropping the price in neat $5,000 increments from $740,000 to $669,900. The realtor who took over mailed around cards with the "your neighbors house is for sale" stuff. Except...and i can see Mr. F Bomb going through the roof after his carefully crafted selling strategy had a hole a mile wide blown in it...the cards have the list price as $699,900 !!! Oh, to be a fly on the wall as he gets half drunk in the afternoon and threatens with glee that he just hit a home run because he is going to sue the realtor and "make them pay him out at $699,900" ! In his mind he is SURE to win...just ask him !

Update: The house is delisted as of last night !

Bragging? Not so much i guess.

Old 10-20-2021, 09:34 AM

334 posts, read 362,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Hmmm. What's the bigger brag - sold it in 48 hours for the asking price of $500,000 or sold it in a week for $550,000?
In markets where houses routinely get multiple bids, it's probably better to have it sell over the first weekend where everybody bidding knows there are other offers coming in. It also helps in negotiations after offer acceptance (buyers have less leverage). After a week or two there might be another bid coming in that buyers have to compete against but not 5, 10 or even 20 like on opening day.

Old 10-20-2021, 09:47 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,955,169 times
I don't even see this as bragging. When people ask me, I tell them. And I am still surprised how fast it sold. That doesn't mean I am bragging.

Telling people my ugly old house in the hood sold for way too much money is not really a brag, is it?

Old 10-20-2021, 09:47 AM

45,337 posts, read 60,512,994 times
Around here bragging about how fast their houses sold is just another marker the rural pioneers coming from closer to DC have to show how successful they are.

Old 10-20-2021, 09:49 AM

1,156 posts, read 940,361 times
Houses sell within a few days in my area, they typically come out of the gate priced above recent comps so I wouldn't say they're underpriced. Anything that is "underpriced" is likely because the realtor is trying to stage a bidding war. I see no reason to rain on someones parade if they're happy they got the price they wanted quickly.

Old 10-20-2021, 09:49 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,955,169 times
Quote:
I don't think it works like that.

You collect offers for several days and review them with your realtor. Then you decide. But you can still say it sold within 48 hours because the offers started rolling in already. You just haven't accepted yet.

I would think a good realtor would advise you not to take the first best offer. At least mine did not.

Old 10-20-2021, 09:52 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
Quote:
Depends upon what the seller needs.

I sold my San Fran condo, in 2 days, first offer was bit over asking. Could I have got more? I think so. But I was buying another house, and quick suited my needs.

In other situations I was content to wait, to maximize the money I rec'd.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate