Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 09:15 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by postprime View Post
Like the guy's show. Anyone used one of his "endorsed local providers"?
Yes, a person I know can't stop mentioning his name in every other sentence and used a endorsed agent for his so called short sale....a Keller Williams agent.

The owner hasn't lost his job and has a very good income, which many will be jealous of...just bought on the markets high and basically over paid since he was the last to buy when the market already was going down, or slowing down. He is stating that the agent got an approval from the bank but the bank doesn't want to say for what amount, which IMO just means; "NO way we are going to take the fall for you, while you aren't in any financial trouble"!

He is asking 60% less of what he paid for the home and told me he is having an offer...to bad for the person who made an offer ...it will not close! JMO

Down the road is a bankowned for almost the same amount which will close for sure....and another one closed for a similar amount but that one was completely trashed and also bankowned...why would a bank or lender take a hit for some one who can afford his payments.

So if this agent is one of the Ramsey endorsed ones.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 06:50 PM

2 posts, read 21,039 times
"Oh I see - kind of like Suzie Orman?"

Yeah; except that Dave HAS a clue.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:52 PM

5 posts, read 28,502 times
They are professional and get the job done. Highly recommend

Old 08-24-2009, 07:56 PM

Don't understand your point? What does your story have to do with the ELP?

Old 08-24-2009, 07:58 PM

ELP'S do not pay to be on a list. Report accurately!

Old 08-24-2009, 08:13 PM

You should know what you are talking about before writing. You do not have to pay an advertising fee to be an ELP. Who makes this stuff up??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna T View Post
I used an ELP for Financial Planning and was very disappointed to find out that basically in order to become an "endorsed local provider" for Dave, you simply have to pay an advertising fee to be on the list. This guy claims to be a Christian with values. Having an affair and getting fired from 2 jobs in less than 6 months certainly makes these claims questionable. Most importantly, when I checked his brokers license on the NASD broker check, it had 3 regulatory disclosures, one from a customer. I expected more from Dave if he was going to put his stamp on these people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barking Spider View Post
Dave is a great guy and has written a couple great books - must reads.
Financial Peace is the first one that should be read.

His ELP's have however, PAID to be on his list. There is an application process, but they pay a fee to be listed. While being on his ELP list may be a good starting point, I would still do a little homework and check the person out.

I have gone thru his Financial Peace University at our church (13 week program), read his books and have followed his teachings for years. I would like to shout out that I'm debt free, but I can't just yet, I still owe on the home.

Nothing magic in what he has to say, and he has a great way of teaching, but he also makes a lot of people uncomfortable because they embrace debt with the "got to have it mentality" and "I deserve it" and worst of all, "I'll just charge it now and pay for it later". He is brutal against debt.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:15 PM

Learn how to spell

Old 08-24-2009, 09:05 PM

2,272 posts, read 6,666,857 times
Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:04 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,242,871 times
Hi Freefromdebt,

I am a huge Dave Ramsey fan and it surprises me to learn how many people think Dave Ramsey is merely putting people in touch with leads through the ELP program out of the goodness of his heart. I can tell you for sure, all of Dave's ELP's buy a territory and pay Dave a kickback for the leads, whether or not they make the salesperson any money.

Dave is a great guy and gives awesome advice, but lets be clear, he is in this to make millions of dollars. Remember his ads for Royal Jelly? (what a crock of bee-s-h-i-t-e!) He's a businessman.

Thats not to say I wouldn't endorse a Real Estate ELP, but dont think they don't pay to play. I question the legality of that system in some states.

Last edited by Spraynard Kruger; 10-28-2009 at 10:16 PM..

Old 10-29-2009, 05:48 AM

24,388 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Bruce Williams gets better callers, IMO. I know he gets impatient with people a lot of the time but they do have some interesting questions and stories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate