Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 04:49 PM

151 posts, read 525,769 times

Advertisements

Like the guy's show. Anyone used one of his "endorsed local providers"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 06:34 PM

2,203 posts, read 9,296,793 times
I'm just curious . . . who is Dave Ramsey? Is this someone who has a local TV program? If it's a national show, I'm not familiar with it.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen B View Post
I'm just curious . . . who is Dave Ramsey? Is this someone who has a local TV program? If it's a national show, I'm not familiar with it.
He is a radio/tv show host who answers question about personal finance, mostly debt issues. As far as I know his radio show is national. His tv show is on the Fox Buisness Network everynight.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:45 PM

2,203 posts, read 9,296,793 times
Oh I see - kind of like Suzie Orman?

Old 05-22-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen B View Post
Oh I see - kind of like Suzie Orman?
Yes..but if you have ever seen her show when people call to ask if they can afford a new car or something, well, Ramsey would probably say no to all of those people. He is hardcore about debt being bad.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:21 PM

1,294 posts, read 6,475,405 times
i love dave. we use his principals and have used one of his endorsed financial planners. we'll use an elp (endorsed local provider) agent when we're ready to buy/sell.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:33 PM

4,705 posts, read 25,213,409 times
Dave is a great guy and has written a couple great books - must reads.
Financial Peace is the first one that should be read.

His ELP's have however, PAID to be on his list. There is an application process, but they pay a fee to be listed. While being on his ELP list may be a good starting point, I would still do a little homework and check the person out.

I have gone thru his Financial Peace University at our church (13 week program), read his books and have followed his teachings for years. I would like to shout out that I'm debt free, but I can't just yet, I still owe on the home.

Nothing magic in what he has to say, and he has a great way of teaching, but he also makes a lot of people uncomfortable because they embrace debt with the "got to have it mentality" and "I deserve it" and worst of all, "I'll just charge it now and pay for it later". He is brutal against debt.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:42 PM

1 posts, read 24,860 times
Unhappy Disappointed with Dave

I used an ELP for Financial Planning and was very disappointed to find out that basically in order to become an "endorsed local provider" for Dave, you simply have to pay an advertising fee to be on the list. This guy claims to be a Christian with values. Having an affair and getting fired from 2 jobs in less than 6 months certainly makes these claims questionable. Most importantly, when I checked his brokers license on the NASD broker check, it had 3 regulatory disclosures, one from a customer. I expected more from Dave if he was going to put his stamp on these people.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:34 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,594,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna T View Post
I used an ELP for Financial Planning and was very disappointed to find out that basically in order to become an "endorsed local provider" for Dave, you simply have to pay an advertising fee to be on the list. This guy claims to be a Christian with values. Having an affair and getting fired from 2 jobs in less than 6 months certainly makes these claims questionable. Most importantly, when I checked his brokers license on the NASD broker check, it had 3 regulatory disclosures, one from a customer. I expected more from Dave if he was going to put his stamp on these people.
I generally beware of anyone who advertises they have "Christian values". I do so not for religious reasons, but because if you have true Christian values you will know better than to use them as an advertising ploy.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:46 AM

1 posts, read 24,688 times
Default Pay the fee and be Dave Ramsey's ELP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
I generally beware of anyone who advertises they have "Christian values". I do so not for religious reasons, but because if you have true Christian values you will know better than to use them as an advertising ploy.
When ever someone in business starts off with being Christian i get a garded outlook. I am Christian but i have done business with many no-Chtistians and found them to he honest and moral people for the most mart.

Does anyone wonder if all it takes to get Ramsey's endorsement is paying the extra fee to the radio stateion? Call the sales department and ask before you take the bait.

I sometimes wonder if/when Ramsey will fall from grace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate