Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 10:34 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,399,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri257 View Post
It's probably a difficult reality to face. If you paid too much or borrowed too much and would have to take a huge loss or stay in a house you don't want anymore for years ...

... at least we stayed out of trouble and didn't pretend we could pay for anything more than what we could actually afford.
Very true. Today's reality looks very different from five years ago. I think a lot of homeowners now realize what they actually can afford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Realtors.
LOL! Too funny!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 03:58 AM

1,831 posts, read 5,293,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Sheri, have you heard anything on your new home up north yet? It's been a few weeks since you made your offer to the bank and I was wondering...glad you got your home sold, that is great...hopefully ours as well, soon...take care
We're supposed to hear in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately it's a short sale which is living up to the it's reputation of taking forever. We're going to do a vacation rental for a couple of months in Monterey and keep looking ...

But we won't be messing around with any short sales again. The only reason we're waiting for this one is that we really like this particular house ...

The good news is comps have fallen even further so the bank should accept our offer. But, of course, you never know ...

Old 05-29-2008, 06:10 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri257 View Post
We're supposed to hear in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately it's a short sale which is living up to the it's reputation of taking forever. We're going to do a vacation rental for a couple of months in Monterey and keep looking ...

But we won't be messing around with any short sales again. The only reason we're waiting for this one is that we really like this particular house ...

The good news is comps have fallen even further so the bank should accept our offer. But, of course, you never know ...

Well I will keep my fingers crossed...I thought with a short sale it was already bank approved, but then if you come in below 'asking' it probably takes forever for the bank to ok it. The owners are in limbo, too.

It's just sad that so many homeowners got into such big trouble...but then there's argument both ways...money was easy to get, and i guess the buyers heads spinned with grandeur. Then they took that instant 'equity' and bought toys...At least some of them...I know the short sales that I see online in NorCal, the photos always show a family home, things in it, unlike a foreclosure that's already empty. It makes me sad, it is people after all...

Anyway, caught me feeling melancholy and grateful we are not in that boat...hope you hear soon!
Barb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate