Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2008, 10:24 AM

151 posts, read 796,292 times

Advertisements

A very brief bit of history here first: we were in the process of firing our listing agent last Tuesday when she received an offer on our home. Needless to say she jumped right on it (because after all, that IS the goal, right?) and we have been negotiating with the buyer now for NINE days. Part of the reason we were firing her was the communication problems we have had and continue to have with her and her "team" and their lack of a sense of urgency to get us under contract when buyers tell us (through CSS) that we are #1 or #2 on their list.

For all intents and purposes, we are there....everything has been agreed upon with this buyer and DH and I are waiting for the docs to sign and FINALLY make it official. In the meantime, we have continued to have arguments, and I mean, arguments with our LA over her banker's hours (10-5 and no weekends...seriously! Does NOT answer phone or emails) and her lack of urgency in getting this thing done. She just called DH a few minutes ago over a $10 discrepancy on one of the buyers charges and wanted to know what to do about it because the SA "got snippy with her about this and said the buyer is tired of this back and forth." I'll refrain from telling you what his response to her was....

Anyways, it is obvious to me that this SA has also about had it with our LA and I am wildly concerned about getting this thing to the closing table! So my question is: is there some way for me to communicate to the SA that we, too, have had communication issues with LA, and were in the process of ditching her when this came about....and to PLEASE not construe any of LA's crappy attitude as being a reflection of our own? (did I say this right??) We have actually been very pleased and impressed with the SA's timely and honest feedback and obvious desire to get this deal together (buyers were here 3 times for showings). Can I go to the office manager and convey this info, or should I just hope for a chance meeting while she's here for the inspection? Or is any contact whatsoever considered unethical?

Help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 10:26 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,174,666 times
I would talk to your listing agent's broker about this situation.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:32 AM

15,490 posts, read 40,186,319 times
Call your listing agent's principal broker and ask her to step into the transaction.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:10 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,871,062 times
I'm telling ya, sometimes Realtors® are their own worst enemy. As stated above, get in contact with the broker of the agency and ask them to take control.
To answer your question, no, it is not unethical for you to contact the other agent directly. It would be unethical for her to contact you UNLESS you put it in writing that you would like for her to do so and let your agent know you've given her permission. But I think just calling the broker will correct the situation.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:20 AM

151 posts, read 796,292 times
Thanks so much for the help.....I will contact the broker today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate