U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2008, 10:10 AM

10 posts, read 28,065 times

Advertisements

Well I was told by my realtor to be out of my house by 10 because they wanted to do a walk through. My moving company told me they would have me out by 10. Well 10 comes and a little over half the stuff is out. My realtor and the other realtor gives me an attitude. The peoples realtor wanted the center island that I said came with the house out of the house. I told them they should of told me earlier than this so I have to lug it out to the street and it rolls and smashes my neighbors car and now im $250 into fixing that. Well the movers ran out of room in the truck so my husband and father in law have to start sticking stuff onto my neighbors lawn. After the closing we go back to get the stuff and half of it is gone. People took it. So now im out of a vacuum, AC, computer, Fans, chandiliers, mailboxes, grill!!! It was the worse move. Do I have anyway of getting that stuff back. Is the mover to blame? Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 12:03 PM

270 posts, read 1,279,907 times
We moved many times and it was a nightmare every time.....still a lot of the things that happened to you where do to your bad planning. It is never good to move out the last day or tow. Movers are unreliable and their estimates are usually wrong. You should have prepared yourself better and have a backup plan. I doubt you will get your property back. Do you have full replacement insurance for the move?

Old 06-11-2008, 01:38 PM

529 posts, read 2,603,599 times
Sound like a really awful day. I'm so sorry!
You left a computer out in a yard??
Did your neighbors say it was okay to leave stuff on their lawn - just curious?
I can't see how you can sue the movers. I guess you could have sued them if you had to call another moving company.
Good luck

Old 06-11-2008, 02:11 PM

414 posts, read 1,206,531 times
No, you're to blame since you left it out there unfortunately. :-( Someone should've stayed behind with your stuff until you could make arrangements to transport it. Sorry you had a cruddy day.

Old 06-11-2008, 02:19 PM

529 posts, read 2,603,599 times
Well, I guess the bright side is that you sold your house. A lot of people have been waiting up to a year to do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boliz View Post
Well I was told by my realtor to be out of my house by 10 because they wanted to do a walk through. My moving company told me they would have me out by 10. Well 10 comes and a little over half the stuff is out. My realtor and the other realtor gives me an attitude. The peoples realtor wanted the center island that I said came with the house out of the house. I told them they should of told me earlier than this so I have to lug it out to the street and it rolls and smashes my neighbors car and now im $250 into fixing that. Well the movers ran out of room in the truck so my husband and father in law have to start sticking stuff onto my neighbors lawn. After the closing we go back to get the stuff and half of it is gone. People took it. So now im out of a vacuum, AC, computer, Fans, chandiliers, mailboxes, grill!!! It was the worse move. Do I have anyway of getting that stuff back. Is the mover to blame? Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate