Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 10:00 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj32 View Post
thanks everyone. I am trying to be positive and hope this will work out. You are correct, this gives us leverage and at least now I'll have the home staged and won't have to worry about getting 2 dogs out and leaving (I work at home). I just can't belive I have to go back to the selling stress again and I feel like we've given up so much time.

No, that 2nd CASH offer we had, she is gone too, she of course foudn something else.
Rats!

Keep trying to be positive, I still can't believe this happened..and I can't believe someone would forfeit that much dough..well things do happen for a reason, sleep good, you have a new home to look forward to and this one will sell again..It's a beautiful home, it will sell...
Barb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 12:00 AM

663 posts, read 2,262,756 times
I think realtors and psychologists should partner up together. I bet they would do a brisk busniess together as a team. I could have benefited from that when I was selling my house. I, as the owner, really wanted to back out (having major second thoughts) and didn't seem to think that the buyers would mind. My husband set me straight - mentioned the possible lawsuit we'd be in for, etc. etc. I think a little counseling would go a long way for buyers and sellers making one of the most important decisions of their lives!!!

Old 07-01-2008, 01:13 AM

380 posts, read 2,350,698 times
Sorry dj32, wow, that really sucks. $50k is a huge amount of cash so I imagine things were crazy bad for the buyers to walk away. Would've been nice to have some hint of it before it hit, though, sheesh. I hope a real sale comes through quickly and you're able to use that 50k to treat yourself to some R&R. Sounds like you're coming through this shock with a positive attitude, good for you. Good luck.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:40 AM

739 posts, read 2,948,359 times
Update:

We were able to move, Our WONDERFUL sellers of home we are buying let us move in and we can get our funds to close tomorrow. We had to get everything resubmitted and move a much of money,sell stock,etc but are able to buy.

Got the old house restaged (had our movers leave stuff) and it looks good. We have 2 showings today- these are people that have seen it before and have the funds in hand suppossedly. I hope this thing turns around quickly- I am willing ot definitley take less and luckily now we have this money. I still can't belive this people but I am trying to forgive.
Loving the new house though... if I could only get internet access (working at the gym now!)

Old 07-02-2008, 10:50 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
dj-All's well that ends well and it sounds like it'w working for you!

Old 07-02-2008, 02:59 PM

1,921 posts, read 4,773,287 times
Hope all turns out well for you, we just moved to Denver and are just trying to resolve a plumbing issue that we thought was taken care off. But at least the sellers are making an ernest effort to remedy the problem.

I don't know if I can go back to trying to sell my old house if someone offered me $50K, it was really a stressful time. But at least now you are out of the place and don't have to go through the daily grind of primping it up.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:10 PM

15,572 posts, read 40,409,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold dust View Post
I think realtors and psychologists should partner up together. I bet they would do a brisk busniess together as a team. I could have benefited from that when I was selling my house. I, as the owner, really wanted to back out (having major second thoughts) and didn't seem to think that the buyers would mind. My husband set me straight - mentioned the possible lawsuit we'd be in for, etc. etc. I think a little counseling would go a long way for buyers and sellers making one of the most important decisions of their lives!!!
I was a child and family therapist in my previous life and use my skills constantly.

Just last night spent an hour with my sellers while they cried about selling their home (have to, don't want to). We have an offer so it is happening.

I blog and am doing a series for agents on "real estate therapy." Buying and selling are so stressful. I hear you!

If that doesn't work to help agents help you buyers and sellers better...I'm on to Chocolatiering and Dogmom sounds like my first customer. Do you like your chocolate dark, with caramels, nuts? (Just starting my market research now...)

Old 07-02-2008, 07:09 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
I was a child and family therapist in my previous life and use my skills constantly.
I was a bartender through college and use my skills constantly also. If I can't console a client, I buy'em their favorite beverage.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:36 PM

3,041 posts, read 7,930,791 times
We had same problem,home bought,moving van at door.Our problem we got $500 and realtor got $500 and had to sell at new location and return since we could not sell.Cost us several thousand dollars!!!This home here for sale with that as a lesson we will require large down payment.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:20 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
i like the idea of a chocolate business, make chocolate houses, as part of a chocolate gift-basket,,,,,sell to realtors to give to new home-buyers as a house-warming gift

good luck with the two showings,,,,if you dont get an offer id take 10k from the 50k, and advertise your home EVERYWHERE, magazines,,,multiple web-sites, even mailors,,,,and even some radio spots,,along with tv spots,,,
everything happens for a reason,,,,the 50 k,,just may give you good karma
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate