Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2008, 09:41 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
dogmom........Saw your albums, you look beautiful during the anniversary cruise! And happy! Our 34th anniversary is August 3rd. Do you think we might be talking to each other by then???? He's actually talking again...well enough to ***** how much Hallmark I have (yes, that was the collection du jour last night, but pretty much the last one) and how sick he was of this. I told him I was sick of it as well and he made sure to yell at me and say "well YOU bought it, I only schlepp it around"...yeah, right. And then managed very sweetly about a 1/2 hour later to ask me to dish us out some ice cream. I should have dumped it on his head. Anyway, we still have to go through the Hummels that were my mother's, but since HE likes those, there won't be much bitching. Wow, I can't wait to start going through the boxes and boxes of HIS magazines and other stupid stuff that has been saved and stored.

On another hilarious note, I had a dream about you, Barb, and your house last night! I visited and it was almost a castle. You had servants and the place was so huge I actually got lost several times trying to find the bathroom. Huge dining room with long tables, waterfalls indoors, etc. I kept thinking over and over what a steal it was for the price and I couldn't believe that no one had snatched it up yet! OK.......I guess I'm reading this post way too much!!

I've basically given up on trying to have this place "showing clean". It's not like I'm not here everyday so that I couldn't quickly clean it up if necessary. I was tired of living in a staged environment with my necessary things not at my fingertips. I figure I can whip the place into excellent shape in about 2 hours when necessary, which is a lot less than spending 1/2 hour every day on it for no showings. Screw them.

If anybody is interested, here is the link: Rayburn Twp Real Estate - 150 Valley View Drive, Rayburn Twp, PA, 16201 (http://tinyurl.com/5qzyze - broken link)
Keep in mind that a lot of "stuff" has been removed since these photos were taken as well as some furniture pieces, and a lot more furniture will be removed when I move south in Sept. DH is too cheap to rent a storage unit, so it has to stay here until then. And our agent didn't seem to think it or the paint colors was a problem, at least around here. If it hasn't sold by then, we will probably have her come back and take more pix with emptier rooms.
OMG! Rothbear, you are dreaming about me...wow we ALL need to get a life, huh! Actually, I am very flattered that I am on all your minds, as you are all on mine. I still say we get together when we are all settled. Most of you are east coasters, I am willing to travel east...if not a cruise, maybe a girl's weekend somewhere...What do ya all say...any guys on here, you can come too, but that means I have to bring hubby, lol....I am not kidding, we need to meet up at some point, friendships are being formed here people.

I will tell you that all 31 years have not been easy..far from it, we have our big issues just like you do...he is more of a pack rat than I am. Example. When we put his mom in a nursing home in 2001 (alzheimers) we knew she would never return home, she passed in 2006. Anyway, cleaning out her house, nightmare! Never threw out anything 50 years of marriage, christmas cards, 200 or so a year, dating back to the 1040's crammed into drawers, civil defense rations (anyone remember drop and cover from the early 60's). You name it. Well this is what he grabbed. Her good china (ok he gave it to her when he was in the service). I don't care for it, it's Noritake, blue, not my style. We have moved it 3 or 4 times since he got it. We have some of her princess house, like I will ever use that, no. Stuff like that. Of course, I have some of my grandma's things, but they are treasures to me, lol.

This move, it will all go with us again. What happens to it all when we are gone, who knows...our kids won't want it. Kind of sad, but we all have too much stuff! Hang in there..

Well, I am rambling...maybe I will head out and take a drive today, just me and the cd player. Yes, its 9,000 degrees out and I have no where to go, but driving aimlessly seems like a good way to waste gas, lol.

Again, maybe I will just take a nap...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 09:46 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,719 times
Rothbear, your home is beautiful..wow you have a huge piece of property, what is that a couple acres?? Lovely home, i think it's great...just my style. If I were coming your way we would have a deal...I am a country style girl...I love it...

Hang in there, it's lovely...if my agent manages to change the listing I will post it...

hugs at ya!
Barb

Old 07-17-2008, 11:12 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,147,831 times
Hi Rothbear,

You have a beautiful house, and it looks so clean, comfortable and move-in ready. I also love the yard. Tambre

Old 07-17-2008, 11:19 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,529,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
If anybody is interested, here is the link: Rayburn Twp Real Estate - 150 Valley View Drive, Rayburn Twp, PA, 16201 (http://tinyurl.com/5qzyze - broken link)
Keep in mind that a lot of "stuff" has been removed since these photos were taken as well as some furniture pieces, and a lot more furniture will be removed when I move south in Sept. DH is too cheap to rent a storage unit, so it has to stay here until then. And our agent didn't seem to think it or the paint colors was a problem, at least around here. If it hasn't sold by then, we will probably have her come back and take more pix with emptier rooms.
You have a cute house but IMO, fixing the photos will do you some good. First, have her put the pics in order, she has kitchen, outside, kitchen another room, kitchen IIRC.Some of the shots are hazy, and some of the shots I would take out, like the pic of the doors, she also doesn't need the many views of the same room. There is a thing as too many photos, people won't need to see your house. I also would leave one photo up of the master, take the other pink room pic off. As much as I love pink, not everyone does. When I posted pics of my house, people hated my floral & pink.

Make a post in the RE pro section asking for feedback on your realtor.com listing and how to get rid of the pics that are not on the MLS. I think if your agent contacts realtor.com they can fix it.

Hang in there. You're house looks like a decent price to me, hopefully there are buyers.

btw, love the cabinets, in the next to last picture.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:44 AM

2,364 posts, read 4,870,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
You have a cute house but IMO, fixing the photos will do you some good. First, have her put the pics in order, she has kitchen, outside, kitchen another room, kitchen IIRC.Some of the shots are hazy, and some of the shots I would take out, like the pic of the doors, she also doesn't need the many views of the same room. There is a thing as too many photos, people won't need to see your house. I also would leave one photo up of the master, take the other pink room pic off. As much as I love pink, not everyone does. When I posted pics of my house, people hated my floral & pink.
Unfortunately, that is what we have been hassling with her since the start. I actually made her come back and re-do some of the pix as they were worse. We had a problem with realtor.com that it was constantly screwed up. Never had the front of the house as the main pic! Either the bedroom, living room or ouside storage shed was shown as the main pic. They would correct it and within 3-4 hours it would flip back again. Went on for 3 weeks like this and finally they got the main IT person from the company to come in and at least it has stayed that way for awhile. But I totally agree that they aren't the best in the world.

I have asked her several times to please organize the pix so that they are all together. I actually even told her that it gave me a headache flipping between rooms like that and it was MY house! She claims that the realtor.com person told her it was better to jump around because people didn't get tired of looking at the same room.......well, they wouldn't keep looking at the same room if you had the other pix on!! I have also asked her several times to take out the duplicate ones from realtor.com and put on the better pix that she took. I might as well talk to the wall. Because of the other problems I was on the phone to her every single day for almost 3 weeks and eventually she got a bit short with me about it. Claims that she was working constantly and more than anybody else on this listing. I haven't talked to her since last week, so I guess I'm going to have to call again.

And yeah, I wanted hubby to repaint the bedroom (it really isn't THAT pink, for some reason the pictures show it brighter), but he hates to paint and asked the agent if it was a problem and she said no and a "good" agent should be able to guide buyer's away from that. So of course he took HER word for it.

Thanks for the suggestions.........maybe someone will listen if I tell them that others have looked and suggested, X, Y, and Z.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:51 AM

Yep......hubby's new motto is "never leave emptyhanded", his mother's place that is! He is carting all this stuff home all the time. Add that to all the stuff that he carted home that was his father's over time and he has a lot of nerve talking about my stuff. Guessing he will be happy when all my stuff is gone and our house looks like his mother's house (hint....never going to happen as I don't like her decorating tastes!!).

I would definately be up for a get together sometime!

Old 07-17-2008, 01:10 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,181,397 times
Well I finally shaved my legs LOL I had to have some ME time! and am heading to the grocery to get essentials...toilet paper is rather a necessity...I think alcohol beverages might be too??? Seller-code name for lush.
hope you all are hanging in there today!
Screw the house for today...I am sick of it

Old 07-17-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Well I finally shaved my legs LOL I had to have some ME time! and am heading to the grocery to get essentials...toilet paper is rather a necessity...I think alcohol beverages might be too??? Seller-code name for lush.
hope you all are hanging in there today!
LMAO!! You got it right there! I think there is still enough in the bottle in the fridge for a glass of wine. Then I'll have to break open another bottle of something here. Since DD got us into trying different wines we have quite a few to choose from.

Amazing how many bottles we have gone through in the last month or so! And before we would maybe drink one bottle a month!

Old 07-17-2008, 02:24 PM

1,122 posts, read 4,108,243 times
[quote=rothbear;4494419]I have asked her several times to please organize the pix so that they are all together. I actually even told her that it gave me a headache flipping between rooms like that and it was MY house! She claims that the realtor.com person told her it was better to jump around because people didn't get tired of looking at the same room.......[/quote]

Whaaaat???? What kind of people enjoy being annoyed by disorganized sets of photos? Dunno about the rest of the world, but I like photos and tours that make it easy to tell what room you're in, and get an idea of the floor plan by seeing the rooms from different angles.

When I see pictures in random order it always gives me the impression that somebody at the web switch doesn't know what the heck they're doing.

But hey, maybe we're the odd ones out. Maybe there are just hordes of buyers who relish the surprise of walking through the door at a showing not knowing what they're going to see.

Old 07-17-2008, 02:26 PM

1,122 posts, read 4,108,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Well I finally shaved my legs LOL I had to have some ME time! and am heading to the grocery to get essentials...toilet paper is rather a necessity...I think alcohol beverages might be too??? Seller-code name for lush. hope you all are hanging in there today!
Good Lord, CrazyMa, you're painting quite a picture for us here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate