Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 04:47 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times

Advertisements

Update on the margaritas....

don't want to do that again for a very long time...all I know is I conked out, got sick, woke up, ate, got sick again...

it's almost 5 a.m. not unusual for me to be up at this time of day, but i am going back to bed...

nope, hubby wants to go for MEXICAN food today for his birthday, Lordy Lordy..will have a big diet coke...mmm....yum...

I think I'll stick to the occasional glass of wine or a lite beer from now on...I am too old for that garbage lol

p.s. in the midst of our 'party' yesterday agent called and said the lookers were still interested in our house, so we will not beat down his door today.

Over and out...for a while
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 06:23 AM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,148 times
Hey there dogmom! I haven't checked for a day and thought I would log on and see what's happening.........other than you getting sick, not much I guess!

I got out of Dodge, literally, yesterday. Was planning to come up here to NY to visit my daughter over the 4th and she called yesterday morning and said, "you need to get away....come up today and spend some more days here". So I called hubby, said I'm gone, packed a suitcase and hit the road! I didn't get here until 7pm, but she made hamburgers and corn on the grill and made us cosmos for supper. YUM!!! Then she had brought home some great little chocolate sticks from Scotland, so we had them with ice cream later on. I'm spoiled! My birthday is on the 13th, but we are going to celebrate this weekend.

I have decided I am literally done with hassling with my agent to get realtor.com fixed. It has been screwed up everyday since we listed and I just checked. All the pictures we wanted aren't on there (there were some re-takes of our bathroom that aren't on there), but at least the front of our house is the main pic now! Most of the time the main pic has been either our living room or bedroom. UGH!! So I suppose I should quit while I'm ahead. Hopefully hubby is dealing with everything and HE will have to clean if there is a showing......and I don't care!!

Have a great holiday, everyone!!

Old 07-02-2008, 11:21 AM

336 posts, read 864,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
hey sykesfamily, tell them people you will host a family reunion for them IF they will buy your darn house!
That is so funny you say that crazyma. After my relaxing time in the back yard and a few margaritas with my next door neighbor I was out in my front yard doing a little watering and they drove by looking at the house. I tell ya if they have time to drive by and look then they have time to sit down with there realtor and write up an offer. my neighbor was with me and she said she seen them drive by sunday evening and monday evening and again last night. I just wish this would all end. So if I get a call tonight or tomorrow regarding another look I will need to hold my self back from telling his realtor to just invite the whole family over for a family reunion. Have a nice back yard to bar-b-que oh and they can borrow my blender to make margaritas too.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:30 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,128 times
heck sykes, I would've hollered and waved them down...hey how y'all doing, get on out and come set a spell, meet the neighbors..want some lemonade? they ARE practically family now

It would either freak them out and they will leave you alone, or they will think you are just the sweetest thing since grape jelly. LOL

Old 07-02-2008, 02:50 PM

739 posts, read 2,949,003 times
hey dogmom right there w/ you. WE made margs last night after getting into the new house. I can't believe we hvae to start all over and I second, no third those who said based on your "would-be" buyers' actions, I dont think the stress will stop if/when they do make an offer you accept. Karma.. that is all I can say at this point for our situations....

Old 07-02-2008, 03:32 PM

51 posts, read 161,392 times
Default This bud's for you.

Can I join this party? I think my alcohol intake has doubled since the house has been on the market. We have now lowered our price to $100 less than we paid for it 6 years ago. My kids are now fully versed in profanity.

It's so nice to know others "feel my pain."

Old 07-02-2008, 04:49 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
You go DogMom!!! You'e bent over backwards enough for these people.

Brookdale-it's so frustrating. Just got off the phone with ours.

Let's all lift our glasses to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was not aware that you are sailing the same boat as the rest of us that are trying to sell. I too just got off the phone with my REA...this is the pits!!!

Old 07-02-2008, 06:18 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,808,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedwigger View Post
My kids are now fully versed in profanity.
too funny! I'm approaching that point also!

Old 07-02-2008, 06:52 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,605,244 times
All part and parcel of selling a house - amongst other things
Not believing Realtors stories
Sick of people looking who then say we want a Master Bed downstairs - duh don't they look at the pics, and read that ours is upstairs.
Realtors not turning up
or even worse turning up 2 hours later when your home and still expecting to view

Shall we make a list ????

Old 07-02-2008, 07:58 PM

336 posts, read 864,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
too funny! I'm approaching that point also!
I second that. I feel like heading down that road LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate