Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 09:50 PM

336 posts, read 864,150 times

Advertisements

dogmom

will be crossing my fingers for you. Still no word on our 5 time lookers or there realtor. Our realtor gave up all hope of getting a hold of him. Tomorrow will actually be the one week mark that he last called to schedule a look. So we will probably be hearing something on Saturday since tomorrow is the 4th. But who knows maybe they will bring us some good fireworks joy tomorrow. Have a Happy and save 4th all if im not on tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 10:02 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
Sykes, brookdale and painter, thanks...I hope everyone has a good house selling weekend..things have to start turning around for us soon, right? More chocolate!!! More Margaritas!

One of these days we will be having a huge party! We might all be all over the country but nothing says we can't set a date and time to toast each other!

Later
Barb

Old 07-03-2008, 10:09 PM

124 posts, read 470,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold dust View Post
lower your price, hobogoblin!!!!
ok, I just had a margarita. in a little bit I am headed out for some sushi and hopefully some more liquid enjoyment.
Yeah, I'm ready to drop it, but our agent talked us into holding out a little longer. Apparently the last few weeks have been super slow showing-wise all over our area. I'm guessing the tornado that blew through town the week before we went on the market kinda scared away any potential buyers.

Good luck with your showings DogMom and Brookdaleresident!

Old 07-04-2008, 12:26 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
Yeah, I'm ready to drop it, but our agent talked us into holding out a little longer. Apparently the last few weeks have been super slow showing-wise all over our area. I'm guessing the tornado that blew through town the week before we went on the market kinda scared away any potential buyers.

Most markets are slow around the time school lets out until 3rd week in July from what our summer agent told us last year.

The best time to list is around February, people want to close on their house when school lets out so the kids can start fresh in September.

Those of you selling should read realty times market conditions to get an idea of what's going on in your area. In most of the country houses aren't selling.

We listed Memorial weekend last year, had about 4 showings with agent 1 in 3 months; 3 of those showings were the 1st week or so it was listed, then the market stopped dead. We listed with agent 2 the end of August for Labor day weekend, only had a few (2-3) showings until maybe October. Market stopped dead until February, we dropped our price $10k, new pictures, new blurb. Had some action, no offers, dropped another $5k 2 weeks later. We were going to have an open house 3rd week of March when we started getting offers. 1 was about $35k low, couldn't work it. Dropped price again, had 2 offers and were negotiating when the OH came around so the agent went through with it. He'd also paid for a tour which went up but not for long.

Original list price $240k - sold for $207k - $3k in fixes from the inspection.

Those of you needing to sell (read financial or already bought/relocated) ask your agent what the days on market is for your area. 9 months wasn't bad for ours, it used to be 6. We are lucky to have sold as most did not.

If you have to get out, do what you can to drop the price.
Make sure your pictures are good
Get feedback on your listing from any web site you can find that will allow you to post the MLS/realtor.com page
Go to realtor.com and search for your competition to make sure you are priced correctly.
Watch your house on as many real estate sites as possible so you know changes are moving your listing to buyers inbox if they are watching your area.

Sorry you guys are having a hard time selling, I've been there. Getting a contract isn't easy either, you want to tell the buyers to shove it but can't because they'll say fine and take their money else where.

Old 07-04-2008, 02:51 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,302,067 times
Perhaps I should account for the cost of distilled spirits in my office overhead My tax guy already says I spend too much on "entertainment"

Old 07-05-2008, 12:45 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times
URGH.....our latest '2 showing' folks are reluctant, they think the house is 'overpriced' ( our realtor doesn't think so, nor anyone else's feedback thus far on price, and she even told the agent, well bring an offer & let see what happens)

Why the heck don't they just throw out a damn offer? What are we supposed to do, lower our price and just hope we hit the nail on the head and that magically it is their idea of a right price? Give us something to work with!
Geesh louise. You make offer. Me say no. Or me say yes, Or me make counter. What a freaking novel idea!

The neighbor said tonight , that when they bought here, their agent was confused when they said they wanted to make an offer. He was like what do you mean? The price is blah blah........

.....this place is soooo backa$$wards sometimes!

Sorry had to vent. I just do not get it.I know it may be a buyer's market somewhat here, but for crying out loud...

okay no more beer for me.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:09 AM

2,791 posts, read 10,805,155 times
Every buyer thinks the house is overpriced. Could be in some cases, but not all. I don't get it either crazyma.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:05 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
we decided tomorrow we are marching into the agents office and going to confront these two. We are done....
Did something happen that I missed? Why were you going to go to the agents office?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
agent called and said the lookers were still interested in our house, so we will not beat down his door today.
I went and read some of your older posts the other day, I feel for you. Seems like you bought the house with parents then they decided it wasn't working and bailed that suck$. Couldn't they stay around to help till you found a buyer? Have you thought to post in a financial forum to see if there are any options for you, say a short sale?

I feel for you. You have someone interested that won't leap. We had one like that, even took video but they never offered. It's possible these people won't either. Hopefully once you get back from your sisters you can get the open house done, maybe offer incentives and sell the place.

How long can you guys carry the house?

Old 07-05-2008, 09:07 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Did something happen that I missed? Why were you going to go to the agents office?

I went and read some of your older posts the other day, I feel for you. Seems like you bought the house with parents then they decided it wasn't working and bailed that suck$. Couldn't they stay around to help till you found a buyer? Have you thought to post in a financial forum to see if there are any options for you, say a short sale?

I feel for you. You have someone interested that won't leap. We had one like that, even took video but they never offered. It's possible these people won't either. Hopefully once you get back from your sisters you can get the open house done, maybe offer incentives and sell the place.

How long can you guys carry the house?

We are ok so far...not close to short sale, but we are very tight. Very. I almost postponed my trip, my ticket was a rewards ticket, but I still had to rent a car. She said she would split the car cost with me, and I had been so depressed the thought of even trying to pack for a trip just overwhelmed me. But I am here now..

We would never have bought this house if my parents had not been coming to live with us...but we needed them to find their own place, we thought, at the time, we could do it. The stress level in our home was so high at the end, I can't even tell you. So we are broke, but the parent stress is gone anyway. We tried for 2 years, but it just didn't work.

Hubby has 2 agents bringing NEW people to look today, maybe one of them will jump at it.

I was sooo mad the other day, when our agent could not get in touch with the other people's agent for 4 days, after they were supposedly writing an offer, well i just snapped. I feel like no one is working for us. We have been waiting to see what happens with these people, but if by the time I am back home and we don't have a contract, the poop is going to hit the fan. Our agent and their agent work in the same office. I was just ticked...even hubby was getting ticked and he is the calmer of the two of us.

You know if they think it's priced too high, then offer something. Something.

Thanks for always thinking of me...I think I should write a book, I have seen some things in selling real estate over the years that no one would believe. At least no one NOT in the r.e. business.

I am tired today, long trip yesterday, and then I had a 3 hours drive to my sister's from Chicago that turned into about 5 hours since I got lost here in the land of corn. I was close to their place, but it gets really DARK out here. Anyway, all ended well and we are kind of chilling this morning..

Old 07-05-2008, 09:43 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
DogMom-chill out w/your sister and relax. Hopefully the 2 this weekend will be it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate