Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 02:45 PM

99 posts, read 180,200 times

Advertisements

Can you not terminate a contract and then go look at other places? How frustrating for you and both agents
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 03:17 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,732,889 times
Really frustrating! Removing a dead tree can be very expenseive... but have you looked into it? I can't imagine losing a sale over just a few hundred dollars of repairs. Our buyers were similar, asking for a lot of itmes, we thought were unecessary. But DH and I were tired of the BS, and just did most of what they asked for. There were only a couple of items we said no to, as we saw them as upgrades.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:18 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,467 times
may your 'buyers' step in dog poop at the next house they view
and may bedbugs travel home with them

Old 07-30-2008, 05:39 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,442,837 times
It sounds to me they maybe trying to scare you into believing they will walk on your place if you don't give them what they want. Playing games, callin' your bluff...

Old 07-30-2008, 06:03 PM

426 posts, read 1,455,124 times
As you all know, we've only been listed for a few weeks and we've already had 2 offers. I'm not in the mood to deal with games and we've already compromised a few hundred bucks. We're in no rush to get out and, while we're not "in the driver's seat" we're at least passengers with a hand on the wheel.

They want to walk, I wish them luck (and some poopy sidewalks ). They want to close the deal, they have our offer.

My guess is the same as the painter's - they're bluffing. If they're not careful, they're going to get kicked to the curb.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:50 PM

The issues you mentioned don't sound worth a buyer walking over....but these buyers today aren't cut of the same cloth they used to be.

If you aren't 'desperate' to move, leave, sell, whatever the case, then stand firm.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:13 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,147,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
may your 'buyers' step in dog poop at the next house they view
and may bedbugs travel home with them
Is that an old Irish blessing? Haven't heard that one before, lol.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:24 PM

nah, it's a tetched in the head one

Old 07-31-2008, 06:30 PM

426 posts, read 1,455,124 times
Our realtor called and said they're still interested in the house but that they got a quote on the insulation in the attic and they came back with $800. It was absurd. They said that inspector said that some insulation was "missing". What? Did it just walk away? The insulation in the attic is the loose kind, so all it needed was to be redistributed. I was just up there for an hour yesterday putting additional screening over the gable vent.

I said, "then they're either going to have to suck it up or walk. I need to know now so we can back to showing the house if they're walking. I wish them luck finding a 23 year-old house that's perfect."

She even said that we're not in the driver's seat, it's a buyer's market and I again told her we are very competitive in our price range, that I've seen the comps for sale and they're not close and have 1/2 the acreage we've got.

My realtor and I went back and forth about the "number" we had wanted out of the house. I think I touched a nerve when I said to her, "It's not about profit for us. The only people profiting from this sale are you and the other realtor." She didn't like that. :lol: I explained that I don't begrudge her the commission. That settled her down some... Sheesh. Anyway, she said she'd tell them we weren't going to do any more than we proposed.

She called back 10 minutes later saying that they accepted the offer. We just faxed it over. Now we just need their signatures.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:16 PM

You a tuff one...you can come play in my playground anytime!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate