Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 09:56 PM

426 posts, read 1,455,220 times

Advertisements

We've finally done it. After months of preparation and decluttering and renovating and cleaning, we're finally ready. It took us so long to get to this point but now I feel like our house is as good as it's going to get. There's nothing else we could possibly do to make our house sell. We priced it competitively and we did everything all those "how to sell your home yesterday!" sites tell us to.

Wish us luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 10:18 PM

663 posts, read 2,262,756 times
Yippee! Good luck! Here's to an offer in the first week!!!!! And a 30 day close!!

Old 07-03-2008, 06:51 AM

50,338 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Bless your heart, you innocent lamb.
I've been where you are..all hopeful, and excited...everything in the house all tweeked and shiny and ready to show.
Now it's 1 1/2 years later and I'm a bitter and irritated seller who feels trapped. I just want to move on with my life, but I can't.
Some houses are selling and maybe your's will be one of those.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:06 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times
Default One in the same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I've been where you are..all hopeful, and excited...everything in the house all tweeked and shiny and ready to show.
Now it's 1 1/2 years later and I'm a bitter and irritated seller who feels trapped. I just want to move on with my life, but I can't.
We are kindered hearts, pushin the year mark myself! It is truely the PITS

Old 07-03-2008, 07:24 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,855,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
why do you think it isnt selling? 18 months is a very long time to be on the market - is it the price? are you fsbo or using an agent? if you are using an agent, what does he or she say?

good luck though!!!!!!!

Old 07-03-2008, 07:38 AM

180 posts, read 793,857 times
Congratulations sbanawan! I hope to be able to post such great news myself about this time next week. We've got a huge weekend of clearing out I can't see straight. I can't imagine what a sense of relief it must be to be done and on the market.

Good luck, hope it sells for lots and FAST!

Old 07-03-2008, 08:16 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times
drinks are at 5...and it is always 5 somewhere! According to dogmom LOL

good luck, it's a PITA

Old 07-03-2008, 08:35 AM

1,122 posts, read 4,107,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbanawan View Post
We've finally done it. After months of preparation and decluttering and renovating and cleaning, we're finally ready. It took us so long to get to this point but now I feel like our house is as good as it's going to get. There's nothing else we could possibly do to make our house sell. We priced it competitively and we did everything all those "how to sell your home yesterday!" sites tell us to.
Wish us luck!
Good luck! After all that work and if the price is irresistable, you should get a lot of activity and hopefully an offer, soon.

Just take our advice and keep a tall cool one and a box of chocolate handy

Old 07-03-2008, 09:34 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times
More than ONE cool one! Best of luck

Old 07-03-2008, 09:48 AM

426 posts, read 1,455,220 times
Oh, we're breaking out the wine tonight! And maybe tomorrow. And the next night.

Luckily, I think that the triangle area is still doing ok even in this market. We priced it right at what the data tells us we should and we're going to take all offers seriously. I'll keep you posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate