Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 06:07 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlightCellist View Post
Our frustration is that these cosmetic items were already taken into account and we priced accordingly.

The same style house next door with new siding, windows, garage door and driveway is listed at $189K.

The same style house around the corner is listed at $193K. It is not updated.

We priced at $180K. Lowered to $160K. (Appliances are included unlike the other 2 homes. We also have an above ground pool.)

We agreed to $150K with $9,000 toward closing costs. Making it $141K final price.

But in our opinion he wants repairs made on items that were already "credited" in the sale price of the home.

Our RE said she's been arguing with their RE all day. She feels the buyers are being completely unfair.

Thanks for letting me vent....
I think they have gotten a great deal......A great price, and Wow, closing costs of $9,000!
They are getting a better deal then the two other simular homes.
You are making your home $50 thousand less then those sold in your neighborhood. Your home going for $141 when the others sold for $190's,
a great deal for the buyer.
Anything else is just going overboard. I'd say, " this is a great deal" take it or leave it"........and never look back.
We can not get to the point where we give our homes away.........
Buyers will expect us too shortly.........and .......then all sellers will loose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 06:11 PM

1,122 posts, read 4,109,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Way to go Moonlightcellist...bring him to his knees, get out the whip, make him beg.......oops, no wait, wrong forum...
You may have hit the nail on the head! Maybe he enjoys abuse.
Counter at a higher price!

Old 07-16-2008, 06:53 PM

152 posts, read 432,634 times
Keeem,
You are absolutely right!

Franklyn,
Good point. I'd never even thought about that.

DMenscha,
I admit I'm an HGTV watcher. LOL

Dogmom,
Thanks for your prayers!

Old 07-17-2008, 09:07 AM

97 posts, read 485,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamitrail View Post
We have a dollar amount in our inspection contingencies. If it is more than X (major or not) and the seller does not want to pay, the buyer can walk if they are not happy with the results.
that's how my parents handled their house sale by limiting it to $1000 for repairs (major or not) if they so chose to do any, they had the option to not make any repairs.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:21 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lov403 View Post
that's how my parents handled their house sale by limiting it to $1000 for repairs (major or not) if they so chose to do any, they had the option to not make any repairs.
That's a great idea if the buyer will accept that....in this market, who knows, they want it all...Not everyone, just the nightmare buyers we hear about here.

Christeen, not talking about you, you are our friend!

Old 07-17-2008, 10:13 AM

97 posts, read 485,900 times
i agree not every one will agree to this, this was 2 years ago, and she really was ridiculous with the results that came back from the inspection. it wasn't an old house and not new either but just totally made up stuff because she was having trouble coming up with financing, so she was after a price reduction.
after a few exchanges between the lawyers, she agreed to take it with out any repairs made as she requested.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:30 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,803,885 times
Some buyers are just so greedy these days. You are been more than accomodating and I would tell them to shove their offer where the sun dont shine.

Sorry, but as a buyer 4 times (never a seller), I dont get it. You priced it, they saw the property and all the cosmetic things. As for an inspection ; most of the the things on that list were things that most houses will need eventually. If they wanted a perfect house, they should build their own, not take a home someone lived in.

Good luck

d

Old 07-17-2008, 01:36 PM

Default Updating Again!

Our counter offer - giving (up to $4K) for items that needed to be repaired/replaced due to code. ($20K price drop, $9K seller assist and $4K for inspection items. They have not even replied to the counter they begged for.

We told RE to put house back on MLS. DH would still like to work out a deal. I think we should run in the other direction. I don't trust this buyer at all.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Anything else is just going overboard. I'd say, " this is a great deal" take it or leave it"........and never look back.
We can not get to the point where we give our homes away.........
Buyers will expect us too shortly.........and .......then all sellers will loose.
I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
Some buyers are just so greedy these days. You are been more than accomodating and I would tell them to shove their offer where the sun dont shine.

Sorry, but as a buyer 4 times (never a seller), I dont get it. You priced it, they saw the property and all the cosmetic things. As for an inspection ; most of the the things on that list were things that most houses will need eventually. If they wanted a perfect house, they should build their own, not take a home someone lived in.

Good luck

d
You took the words right out of my mouth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate