Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2008, 10:51 AM

99 posts, read 180,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
shoegal4, waiting is so hard I know, we are waiting for an offer from a buyer who is in Australia and will not be back till the 11th of this month and then his Realtor said he would make the offer. Is there any way you could have your Realtor talk to her Realtor to see if an offer is coming? At least that way you would know and not have to wonder. Fingers are crossed and saying a prayer that you will get an offer soon.[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Our agent has been calling her agent. She saw the house Wed evening, wrote the offer up on Thursday with the intention of submitting it on Fri. Got cold feet and apparently her agent thinks her price might be a tad low-- I have no idea what the offer is bc that wasn't disclosed. So he has been working with her on it-- I just want the offer and go from there. Her agent emailed mine on Sat saying that more than likely we would get an offer by the evening bc he has been working with her on it. Needless to say, we still haven't heard anything. I got my hopes up which was my fault so I am trying to temper my expectations. Gotta move on-- if it comes through then that would be great.

I am going to have to work on my husband about putting up the balloons or something. I suggested it but he doesn't want to step on the neighbor's toes bc it's their first open house with a new realtor as they fired the one they previously had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 11:09 AM

222 posts, read 1,054,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Ok the good news now, our agent called, inspection was accepted and they want to close on Friday...he knew last night at 10 p.m. and thought it was too late to call us...Helooo!!!
Yeah! We close Friday too! We can be closing buddies!!!

Old 08-03-2008, 11:14 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koofie View Post
Wow, congratulations to you both. What a long, strange trip it's been for some!

Old 08-03-2008, 11:18 AM

739 posts, read 2,949,169 times
dogmom, i'm only on page 30, so there may bbe more but I know EXACTLY where you are coming from. Our deadline for inspection was 8/1, resolution by 8/4 and we've heard nothing either. So it is ok? Will there be nothing? I am tryin gto be positive too, dh was bad yesterday it like you get excited and then ever present in your mind is this fear it could fall apart. We went to look at furniture yesterday (as they want to buy some of our things--- good sign right?????) and it was exciting yet not b/c we have to take a step back and REMEMBER that we are in the same state as we were July 1 when it all fell apart. We still dont' ahve the money yet. Their loan commitment (the final hurdle in my view) is not until 8/14 so 2 weeks away.. .ughhhhh!!!!!

Old 08-03-2008, 11:25 AM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,946 times
shoegal4 it is hard not to get your expectations up, your only human and in this housing market getting an offer is hard. There seem to be so many buyers out there that are still not sure what to do. It makes it hard on everyone. We just have to wait for that one buyer that will write a decent offer and the waiting is stressful.

koofie, CONGRATS on your closing!

Old 08-03-2008, 11:29 AM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,946 times
dj32, sending a prayer all goes well this time and you soon will be buying that new furniture.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:32 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
It's hard to have a positive attitude and see the glass half full with so many disappointments, and all the doom and gloom spinning around. The people that came to see our house tonight really liked it; it was their second visit. They're relocating from NYC to the burbs. I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.
Fingers and toes crossed for you and remember that it only takes one person to fall in love with your home and your home already had the second date.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Brookdale, I have a feeling this is going to be a good open house for you..remember it takes just one right buyer..and the weather is good, lots of folks out and about!

Millie I will share that tea with you...

Shoegal....hey you have not heard a negative on that potential buyer..someone who take the time to write an offer is serious about submitting it...maybe she is getting some info from her bank or family..

And it can't help but help you if a neighbor is having an open house..maybe you should hang some balloons on your sign, they might want to come in...

Ok the good news now, our agent called, inspection was accepted and they want to close on Friday...he knew last night at 10 p.m. and thought it was too late to call us...Helooo!!!

Anyway, we are having another play day today, driving down to Vegas with our good friends here to visit another couple we met, have a nice lunch, then back. tomorrow we hit the packing with renewed speed..

Anyway, I think I can breathe now..it has been a long journey...but I am not done yet and don't even think that I am going to abandon my friends here...NOT. No the time is coming for each of you...I didn't think this would happen...

Ok go out there and make it a good one my friends
Barb
Barb you are on your way to vegas but I just had to post a big congrats. You are closing this coming Friday that is fast and so good for you since it will all be over in a week. I am just so happy for you both. Happy packing.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:42 AM

571 posts, read 1,049,957 times
Quote:

Barb
Awesome news dogmom!

Old 08-03-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koofie View Post
Congrats Koofie what a Friday that will be for Barb and you. Like Barb said she will stay on the board and you please do also. We sold a few months back and any little help I can give to another seller I know means so much. When we were trying to sell our home this board was my life line of hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate