Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2008, 12:21 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,787,483 times

Advertisements

I REALLY appreciate them !! I truly LOVE my home and neighbors , but I have to downsize like Dogmom . It is difficult to let go of a home that I thought might be my 'forever' home and search again for another place, not knowing 'when' a buyer will come along .

It seems that there are quite a few bitter posters on CDF, looking NOT for the RIGHT home, but ONLY for a killer deal . Then you have the folks that have no skin in the RE game and are just 'bailing' on their homes , which brings down prices even more and floods the market with so much more inventory . In all my years, I have never seen a market quite like this one that we are currently in .

But that is why I put my trust in God and count my blessings daily, that though I cannot control so many outside sources, I can control how I react to them . I know that my home will sell at the right time and for the right price, to a buyer that will be happy that they chose my house !

Prayers for all, whatever state you are in (selling, moving, or buying ) and yes, THANK YOU Barb for starting this thread, as it has been a source of encoragement to me to see so many sellers getting offers and getting SOLD !!!

p.s.
Look for rep cookies as QUICK REP !! I can't leave comments WRITE now !

EDIT: Oops, the HMM's won't let me give out any more REPS WRITE now, so I will return later to finish what I started (lol)!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 12:58 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
for you HDL

HDL is really Swell
She's a good one
can't you tell?

Trying to move from Idaho,
looking for prayers
that soon she'll go!

Send some pixie dust,
seller mojo
don't want showings
to be a bust!

Tell her no lies
she'd like to downsize!
Please let her hear,
we love your house dear!

Old 08-08-2008, 01:09 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Well folks, I just finished my meet with my agent, no house have sold in my area since APRIL! And those were starter houses, nothing to get excited about but low prices. There are only two in the area with acreage that I am competing with soooo long story short I just dropped my price again that makes 60k in 30 days!!!! Hopefully this will generate some interest, huh? No calls in 3 weeks on it. We will see what the weekend brings.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:25 PM

99 posts, read 180,257 times
HDL--good thoughts to Idaho

Painter-- I hope this weekend goes well for you

We never heard back from the person who submitted an offer but never responded to our counter so I am guessing that deal is done. So we lowered the price again today and hopefully we will generate some traffic and another offer-- preferably from a buyer who is committed to actually buying the house.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:53 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitajas View Post
Lots of prayer and good luck dust coming your way from So. CA!
Anita

Anita, where are you at in SoCal..we are SoCal natives, lived there all our lives until we moved to NorCal in 2004 then to So Utah in 2005. Now up to WA..What do you bet I end up back in SoCal, lol

Best luck tonight with your showing..

Old 08-08-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hey Barb,

I remember you saying you regretted all the time you spent in "waiting", and have tried to learn from it (am a slow learner and need lots of reminders, to be sure). I am so grateful you started your thread on here.
I really do regret all that waiting...but if you live on regrets you don't move on to new things...so lessons learned..by the time I pass from this earth I will have to be the smartest person on earth..

Are we having fun yet

Old 08-08-2008, 05:01 PM

Roselvr, no not nervous anymore..the only home we own now is a 800 sq ft mobile home in WA state, lol. Its ok, no pressure now to make that payment and wonder where the money is going to come from this month...now if I could just get the packing fairies over here, I would be good.

All families have some level of dysfunction if you look closely enough..my husband hates that word, dysfunction, but his was most disfunctiona of all..could write a book but on the outside all looked perfect, now me growing up, after the age of 12 it got dicey, moved a lot, turmoil, etc...43 years later not much better

Proud of my dysfunction~ talk later
Barb

Old 08-08-2008, 05:30 PM
HDL

Thumbs up U R 1 Crazy Mama (lol)

And I mean that in the 'nicest' of ways !!! Thanks for MY own poem Crazyma ! I feel so special !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
for you HDL

HDL is really Swell
She's a good one
can't you tell?

Trying to move from Idaho,
looking for prayers
that soon she'll go!

Send some pixie dust,
seller mojo
don't want showings
to be a bust!

Tell her no lies
she'd like to downsize!
Please let her hear,
we love your house dear!

Old 08-08-2008, 05:34 PM
HDL

Hey, so Dogmom, you didn't mention in this thread and I haven't checked all your posts to see if you stated it elsewheres???! Did the paperwork signing go off today without a hitch? No extra little 'surprise' charges??? Also, how did you pick Caldwell as the town to spend the night on Monday?

Old 08-08-2008, 05:43 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
Barb....remember...
the great thing about dysfunction, is it has FUN in it!! It must not be too bad afterall!! LOL Ya gotta roll with it as best you can.

HEY HDL I try to remember all the great peeps out there, especially those in the seller posse, with a poem to bring a laugh or an eye roll LOL so yez, you R speshall
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate