Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2008, 05:51 PM

571 posts, read 1,049,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Anita, where are you at in SoCal..we are SoCal natives, lived there all our lives until we moved to NorCal in 2004 then to So Utah in 2005. Now up to WA..What do you bet I end up back in SoCal, lol

Best luck tonight with your showing..
Thanks for the good luck wishes sent our way everyone.

Dogmom, we are in Huntington Beach. Where were you?

This group is the best!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 05:55 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Well folks, I just finished my meet with my agent, no house have sold in my area since APRIL! And those were starter houses, nothing to get excited about but low prices. There are only two in the area with acreage that I am competing with soooo long story short I just dropped my price again that makes 60k in 30 days!!!! Hopefully this will generate some interest, huh? No calls in 3 weeks on it. We will see what the weekend brings.
Painter good luck this weekend, I hope the price drop will bring you a buyer. A prayer sent your way too!

Old 08-08-2008, 06:11 PM

336 posts, read 864,416 times
Hey everyone...Just wanted to wish everyone who has showings good luck on them and let the offers pour in. Been gone all day we had 2 showings and another one in an hour. So I am drained and pooped. I am really glad that our realtor relisted because now that our home shows as a new listing the phone wont stop ringing. Will be back to check in with feed back.

Michelle

Old 08-08-2008, 06:14 PM

571 posts, read 1,049,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykesfamily View Post
Hey everyone...Just wanted to wish everyone who has showings good luck on them and let the offers pour in. Been gone all day we had 2 showings and another one in an hour. So I am drained and pooped. I am really glad that our realtor relisted because now that our home shows as a new listing the phone wont stop ringing. Will be back to check in with feed back.

Michelle
So awesome to hear that the phone is ringing! Ours is too, and I feel very fortunate... now we just need that offer! Good luck to you!

Old 08-08-2008, 06:17 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Thank you Thank you---Good luck on the showings oh and if they don't make an offer send them my way, Good ole sunny Florida.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:38 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykesfamily View Post

Michelle
That is wonderful!!! Good luck and prayers are sent!

Old 08-08-2008, 06:39 PM

79 posts, read 144,483 times
sykesfamily-YEAH on the increased showings! Hope everyone has a productive weekend

Old 08-08-2008, 08:51 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
Hey, so Dogmom, you didn't mention in this thread and I haven't checked all your posts to see if you stated it elsewheres???! Did the paperwork signing go off today without a hitch? No extra little 'surprise' charges??? Also, how did you pick Caldwell as the town to spend the night on Monday?
Yes we did close escrow this morning..our proceeds (lol) were wire transferred to the bank so I probably should check on that, huh. It was pretty painless..I have been ok all day, actually glad it was done with, then tonight we went to dinner with neighbors that we have gotten to know fairly well, when I came back in the house, not my house, just kind of fell apart..i guess I am kind of overwhelmed..I am homeless, so to speak well, not exactly, we have our mobile home, but you know what I mean, this is the first time we have moved that we have not had a home that we are purchasing to go to. Thus the storage, all that garbage. We are going to leave the jeep (cherokee) at our neighbors house full of stuff, Carl will fly down in a couple weeks and drive it back. 3 cars, 2 people..now if those dogs could make themselves useful and drive. He might actually rent a small trailer one way to bring a few more things up...I am trying to decide what to store and what to take...now tomorrow we go to breakfast with some other neighbors, this is really cutting into my packing time...then a bbq at other friends and she has that at 4..wish we could move it back a couple hours, say 6 or so would work better...do I dare ask...there are about 4 couples coming to it. Maybe I will see, can't hurt to ask and would not stress me so much..Sunday we were hoping to kind of relax and rest for our drive monday morning, but I can tell now, ain't gonna happen. I think once we start loading our trailer and clearing out some of these piles of boxes then I will feel better.

I didn't know I had so many clothes that don't fit, we have a big closet so all those old clothes were kind of just hanging there, so to speak. I am boxing them to take and then donate to a shelter when I get there. I don't have time to sort now. We really only had a 2 week escrow...which is good, but not a lot of time to pack and go.

We are staying in Caldwell
1)it's a little more than halfway
2)the motel takes dogs

That's about it..have reservations at the LaQuinta inn. will be ok for one night, we will crash anyway.. some of the motels I checked only take dogs under 30 lb or 50 lb or charge $25 per dog. this one did not have any restrictions so we took it. Believe me after 650 miles anything clean is fine..

*** *** ***, guess I better check my emails and hit the sheets...pretty soon they will be packed too haha..

Hugs)
Barb

Old 08-09-2008, 05:07 AM

657 posts, read 1,788,407 times
wow barb, when it happens, it happens fast...seems like yesterday you were just a sitting duck and now look at you honey!!! its so exciting..
i cant help but wait and wonder... i leave the house, im better. then as soon as i get back, i look at that darn answering machine and dump out a big ol sigh.
my inlaws might have an offer on their condo... but now they are possibly looking into buying another house at their age!!!! they can only afford 140,000, basically junk.. and it will be the same as what they pay now. my fatherinlaw is a bit touched! they need to go in to elderly housing but my motherinlaw doesnt like paperwork.. uuuughhhhh!!! they were going to live with us.. in florida, but i cant stand my fatherinlaw so we cut the cord on that. for them that would have been the easy way out. oh well, not my problem.. my husband just shakes his head.. hopefully soon we wont have to deal with it anymore..
hugs and kisses to you all. love and luck!!!!

Old 08-09-2008, 07:16 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,102,010 times
Woohoo!! All your prays and good luck dust worked!! We have a showing later on today on our home. I know it's just a showing but it's a start!!! Thanks for all the prayers and good luck dust that was sent my way. And good luck with everyone else who is selling and showing their home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate