Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2008, 11:24 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,182,553 times

Advertisements

woo hoo Michelle....we'll be standing by..................relax and take a deep breath
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 11:27 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Skyes-Wow, wow double and triple WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doing the happy dance for you.

Old 08-09-2008, 12:07 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,786,538 times
Thumbs up Fantastic NEWS Michelle!!!

Sending prayers your way that it's a good offer that you can work with and that these are serious qualified buyers !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykesfamily View Post
Hey Everyone....

Well Heres the latest. Emailed realtor lastnight just to let her know about the showings...even though she probably knew through the lock box. I then went downstairs and watched the opening ceremonies of the olympics. DH checked the email this morning and she had emailed back lastnight and said the last couple that came in realtor had just called her and said they will be writing up an offer TODAY!!! I hope they do it so I am praying that it comes in sometime today. Im still praying for you all. If it comes in today I will be back to send the rest some offering dust.

Michelle

Old 08-09-2008, 12:11 PM
HDL

Thumbs up More GREAT News!!!!

You go girl !!!! Sending prayers and blessings to you also that the RIGHT Buyers come along soon ! If not these peeps TODAY, then the next peeps tomorrow !!!

p.s.
BIG PARTEE at Roma's in SoCal next summer !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
Woohoo!! All your prays and good luck dust worked!! We have a showing later on today on our home. I know it's just a showing but it's a start!!! Thanks for all the prayers and good luck dust that was sent my way. And good luck with everyone else who is selling and showing their home.

Old 08-09-2008, 12:28 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,807,520 times
Glad to see so much positive activity!

The house I have my eye on was just reduced in price....great news...I just hope it's still available buy the time we get there. Hopefully the offer we'll be getting (any time now) will be the one.

Old 08-09-2008, 12:52 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,271,122 times
Congratulations, Roma and Michelle! Great news for both of you.

I haven't heard anything more about the family who "really liked" our house. Don't know if they chose another house or are still thinking about things.

Old 08-09-2008, 01:20 PM

336 posts, read 864,302 times
Thanks Everyone. Still haven't heard anything I am such a nervous wreck I tell ya! Gonna go shopping at Costco and going to make sure my cell is on and I can hear it in there in case my realtor is trying to get a hold of us. Will post this evening if something happens.

Old 08-09-2008, 01:36 PM
HDL

Smile The reason I asked is....

Caldwell is known around here for problems and I wasn't sure if you had stayed there before in your journeys to WA??! Now, I say this from the news media reports and CDF folks posting in the ID forum. I don't want anything to happen to you and DH or your vehicle/possessions, but I do understand the whole "trying to find a place that will take pets".

My personal preference for you would be this area in Boise (exit 50B), right off the freeway, just past the Boise Airport (exit 53) on Hwy 84, ~ half an hour before Caldwell, where there are GREAT restaurants (in fact, the ONLY Cracker Barrel in this area of the Pacific NW, several very good hotels, an Edwards Theatre and an IMAX, a Costco and a WalMart ! Very easy access to anything you might want and/or need . Also, normally Costco has 'cheap gas' .

I have personally stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn across from the theatres and from Cracker Barrel on several occasions and really enjoyed it, but they don't allow pets . I see from my AAA guide that the Holiday Inn at the Boise Airport accepts pets and is just a couple of miles prior to Cracker Barrel. That is not a bad area either in my opinion, and I believe probably safer than Caldwell, but bad things can happen anywheres I guess .

Well, I pray that I haven't scared you or anything . I live about half an hour north of 84 and if I didn't think that my dogs would eat yours , I'd say come stay with me . But please feel free to DM me if you need any help and I'll see what I can do for you Barb !

Best wishes and CONGRATS again on your wonderful NEW adventure to WA with DH and pups!!!

~HDL~

fyi:

pet friendly hotels boise airport - Google Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post

<snip snip...

We are staying in Caldwell
1)it's a little more than halfway
2)the motel takes dogs

That's about it..have reservations at the LaQuinta inn. will be ok for one night, we will crash anyway.. some of the motels I checked only take dogs under 30 lb or 50 lb or charge $25 per dog. this one did not have any restrictions so we took it. Believe me after 650 miles anything clean is fine..

*** *** ***, guess I better check my emails and hit the sheets...pretty soon they will be packed too haha..

Hugs)
Barb

Old 08-09-2008, 02:04 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,182,553 times
I think I forgot ROMA a poem!?
Hey ya go girl!

Sitting by the lake
in the Lone Star state,
How long's it gonna take
to set a moving date?

Roma is a wanting to head further west,
Calfornia living's supposed to be the best!

It really gets her glowing
to find there is a showimg,
hope they throw an offer out,
then she'll really give a shout!

Next thing you know,
they'll be loading up the van.
Ready, get set, go!
Keep saying I CAN!

Oh the little critters
and the hubby too
have the happy jitters,
they're all going too!

So keep a happy smile
though it might take a while,
grab a little mojo and pixie dust
A great attitude is a big must...

And remember the Man.
He's got you a plan!

Old 08-09-2008, 02:04 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykesfamily View Post
Hey Everyone....

Well Heres the latest. Emailed realtor lastnight just to let her know about the showings...even though she probably knew through the lock box. I then went downstairs and watched the opening ceremonies of the olympics. DH checked the email this morning and she had emailed back lastnight and said the last couple that came in realtor had just called her and said they will be writing up an offer TODAY!!! I hope they do it so I am praying that it comes in sometime today. Im still praying for you all. If it comes in today I will be back to send the rest some offering dust.

Michelle
That is wonderful!!! Toes,fingers, *-*-*-*-* dust, and a prayer your way! Please let us know what happens!!!

Last edited by Judy P.; 08-09-2008 at 02:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate