Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2008, 09:53 AM

99 posts, read 180,257 times

Advertisements

How aggressive should I expect my realtor to be about following up on buyer feedback, or lack thereof? We had 5 or 6 showings last week and got feedback from one who said that the house was a possibility but the buyers still were undecided ( which I take to mean they pass). I think he emails and calls the agents one time and that's it. His argument, which I understand, is that if there are intersted, they will follow through. But I am the antsy seller and want more
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 10:16 AM

2,309 posts, read 2,315,824 times
I wouldn't be that aggressive. The realtor should call once, maybe twice to ge tthe feedback. If they are truely interested they will make an offer. I know it stinks to sit and wait, but that is what it comes down to. If your Realtor presses too much he/she could make the potential buyers realtor uncomfortable to the point they won't take their clients to look at your home anymore. Just be patient.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:21 PM

15,577 posts, read 40,434,848 times
I work with a lot of buyers now as I am really picky about my listings. You have to remember that due to the inventory, buyers are seeing a lot of homes, which means agents are.

I get so many calls for feedback, and sometimes I just don't have the time to respond. It stinks for you, but is the reality of so much inventory.

Honestly, last week that I was in like 60 homes with different buyers. I can't keep them straight to give good feedback half the time, unless there was something really memorable about it.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:27 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
My realtor was fantastic and gave us feeback on each showing we had. After about twenty showings she told me she was going to stop, because it was the same thing over and over again, and she felt we didn't need to hear it anymore.

I have to say, having a good realtor makes all the difference. Ours was fantastic throughout the selling process, but really came through for the close of the sale. If it wasn't for her, it wouldn't have happened.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:31 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
You may get maybe 1 in 10 to 20 agents give feedback and it's usually if there is a problem. If it's "Just not the right house" you'll never hear.

I showed about 16 homes this morning and gave 2 feedbacks. Both had to do with issues that needed improvement.

Sometimes no news is good news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate