Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 11:57 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,514,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimoneK View Post
Neil0311
Thank you for your words. We won't have 20% for a downpayment after the Sale (if we sell) , we listed our home for 225K but we owe 226K plus realtor fees , stamps etc.
Nothing left after that nightmare. You can take a look at our home. Tell me what you think. MLS ID# O4863452
I just took a look and if you could why not rent it out? It is a lovely home.I have a friend that is only looking in Orlando and she comes back everytime after looking in awe of the beautiful homes she has seen. She does need a bigger home then yours since she has three grown daughters still living at home. I thought that Orlando was still a good market for FL.
Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 12:27 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,261,331 times
Simone..you have a lovely home..very open and welcoming...looks bigger than it is...beautiful pool..

Can I ask something? Most of the homes I have seen in Florida have their pools enclosed by those big sunfence thingys....is that to keep out bugs? critters? gators? Just curious!

I bet you could rent your home out without a problem, I agree with Lorrie, maybe that is the answer for now....

Old 08-06-2008, 01:24 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,171,300 times
hey nice place simone...keep your chin up. I know it is hard but someone will want to call your house Home too....give it a little time (hey I am in a Waterford too!)

mojo and sellers luv cruising your way!

Old 08-06-2008, 04:14 PM

49 posts, read 224,112 times
Thank you all......it gives me some hope !!!
I would take the home with me if I could....smile. I love it. Our first home.
Yes, the Pool screen is really great, it keeps out all the big bugs. I can tell right away when I forgot to lock the pool screen door......flying bugs everywhere. When we visited Texas I never saw a Pool Home with a Screen around. I wonder why ?
I guess if we are not able to sell within 6 months we might rent it out.
Have a good evening. I will keep my Chin up Crazyma !!!

Old 08-06-2008, 04:46 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,641,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimoneK View Post
My husband finally got a job in Dallas, Texas .
This is great but we will walk away with a big loss on our home in Orlando. We bought it in 04 for 226K and now we might sell it for 215K or 210K who knws (The agent was here yesterday) . It is just so sad. Our value goes down every day. 50K from last december. I cannot believe it. I am still in shock, couldn't sleep all night. The market was so great when we bought it, we felt so good about it. Now we will rent for the next years. I am done with buying. It was our first home ,I wish I could take it with me. Sorry for crying like a baby.
Simone
Did you pay cash or how much did you have as a down payment?

Old 08-06-2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scone View Post
Hugs ---> {{{{{ SimoneK }}}}

It sucks, it really does, but "this too shall pass." The DH and I have been married 19 years, we've bought and sold in good markets and in bad. And it has all balanced out, in a weird sort of way. The most important thing, it seems to me, is to try to keep money from affecting your relationships with your DH and family.

You're young, you have your health, you have each other, and good prospects for the future. These things are truly precious. Everything else is just concrete, drywall, and carpet. It's just "stuff," and that can be easily replaced.

Don't love anything that can't love you back.
I just gave you a rep. point because I really love that last sentence...never heard it before and it is true.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
We sold our home in Pasco county a few months ago. Yes you will take a loss we did about $22,000 what we paid for it in 2004 and with all the upgrades our loss was almost $75,000. You can do it and one suggestion don't let the first offer get away. You can always work a contract out. congrats with your hubby's new job.

Where did you live in Pasco County? I live there and overnight 2 more people packed up huge trucks and left their homes who are going to be foreclosed, that was the 3rd in my street in 2 weeks!!!

How much did you have as a down payment?

Old 08-06-2008, 05:01 PM

220 posts, read 747,236 times
Look at the bright side the house you buy in Dallas has also declined. You might just break even.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate